Chapter 59- hugs

Chapter 59- hugs

Song

18

By; 1D

Maddi's Pov-

JJ and I make the long journey up the stairs giving me enough time to dry all of my tears. My face returns back to semi normal. Still a little red but nothing too bad. We approach the door that's now closed. I take a deep breath staring at it.

"I'll be right here the whole time. I promise" JJ reassures me. I nod before turning the nob and pushing it open. I walk down the hall. John b sits in a chair across from the couch but immediately stands up when I walk in. His face covered in worry. I know he feels guilty. I can tell by the look on his face. I can also tell he doesn't know what to say.

"Alright explain" I say sternly crossing my arms over my chest. He looks to me and then to Sara who nods her head softly.

"Okay so basically when the boat... crashed we woke up and another boat found us. They brought us here. We found the gold a few weeks later and have been slowly transferring it out so we don't get caught." John b rants. My eyes narrow at him.

"So you were just gonna let us think you were dead?!" I ask keeping my icy exterior.

"No!" He semi shouts walking a little closer to me. "We were just going to finish getting the gold out and then come back" he says a little quieter. I roll my eyes with a scoff. "Please just try to understand Maddi" he pleads.

"Understand?!" I retort " I do understand. I understand that you left! I understand that you left all of us!" I shout moving my arms around to show my anger.

"That's not true" he sighs.

"It's not?!" I cross my arms over my chest.

"No we just-"  I cut him off .

"You know what else I understand?!" I ask getting closer to him. Steam practically blows out of my ears. "I understand that you chose some dumb gold over me! I understand that you left me!" My anger starts to morph into tears that I try to hold in. "You left me" my words come off more soft than I plan. I shove his arm. "Why? Why would you?" I shove him again. Not hard enough to hurt him since he's 2 times bigger than me but enough to get my point across. "I thought you were dead" my voice cracks during my sentence still shoving him. "I thought you were gone"

I finally break letting a sob escape my lips. John b instantly wraps his arms around me. His familiar smell engulfs me making my heart swell. I feel complete. My twin is alive. More sobs escape me. He holds onto me tight and I do the same to him. I feel him crying too. His shoulders shake slightly as I break down in his arms. We stay like this for a long time. No one moving. Neither of us wanting to ruin this moment.

"I missed you" I sniffle as we pull apart. A small smile on my lips. John b sniffles as well a smile etching onto his features.

"I missed you too. More than you can imagine" he says. I hug him once more never wanting to let go. "I'm sorry" he mutters into my hair.

"I know" I pause taking a deep breath. "It's okay"

Once we pull apart JJ pulls him in for a hug. Tears welling in his eyes as well.

"You can't do that to me again man" JJ says holding onto John b tightly. JJ reaches out an arm and pulls me into their hug. Soon joined by Pope and Kie. We all stay there hugging each other. Joy and relief filling all of our hearts knowing the pogues are together again. We pull apart smiles on all of our faces. I run over to Sara hugging her tightly.