Chapter 13- this isn't gonna end well

Chapter 13- This isn't gonna end well

Maddi's pov-

I run to my room leaving JJ, Kie and Pope outside. John b got on the boat and drove away. I sit on my bed pressed against the wall bringing my knees up to my chest. I hate myself. I hate myself for keeping a secret from John b. I hate myself for hurting him. And I hate myself for causing this mess. JJ and John b never fight, well before today and it was my fault. I hear the door creek open and see Pope and Kie walk in. They both give me a sof look. Kie climbs in bed and sits next to me wrapping her arm around me in comfort. Pope sits on the end of the bed sitting with his legs crossed.

"Do y'all hate me too?" I ask with a slight sniffle.

"Of course not!" Kie says pulling me closer and rubbing my back. "I'm just upset you didn't tell me sooner" She jokes. Pope just nods his head. He knew about us so I knew he was good with it. 

"everythings just so screwed up." I say. Tear stains run down my cheeks, my eyes are red and puffy.

"it'll all be okay Maddi, Jb just need some time to cool off." Pope tells me. I give him a soft smile before he continues talking. "So what happened?"

Kie looks at me wanting to know too. I sigh and tell them.

"So me and JJ snuck inside because we haven't had anytime alone since he asked me to be his girlfriend" I start but Kie cuts me off.

"Girlfriend! Omg y'all are serious" Kie says with a smile. She's always wanted me and JJ to get together saying we both had feeling for eachother, I guess she was right. 

"Yeah, well we were kissing and things got um-heated, and John b walked in" I say.

"Oh this is bad" Pope says. Kie gives him a glare. "Just saying"

"It'll be okay, just give it time" Kie says reassuringly. After they cheer me up a little Pope and Kie go outside to sleep and I stay in my room. I fall asleep rather quickly from all the crying. I wake up the next morning to Kie shaking my shoulder. She tells me that we're going to test the camera.

"Is John b back?" I ask.

"Yeah and so is JJ, no ones talking though" Kie says I groan as I pull myself out of bed. Kie goes back outside while I get ready. I go to the bathroom and splash my face with some water. I look into the mirror. My eyes are puffy from crying last night but my bruises from the other day are slightly faded. The cuts still there. I go back to my room and pull out a black tube top with some olive green shorts that are flowey and loose. Once I'm dress I brush my long brown hair that flows to my mid back and deciede to leave it down since it's naturally straight. When I walk outside John b is already in the water with Kie. I see Pope hovered over the I pad looking at the feed the camera shows. JJ is behind him looking too. He tries to push a button but Pope swats his hands away. I walk up to everyone, Kie waves at me but John b doesn't even make eye contact. 

"Hey look, once we get the footage of the wreck we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim" John b says still ignoring me.

"Why do we have to do that?" JJ groaned. I looked at him but quickly looked away. It was akward we haven't talked since last night after everything. I didn't know what to say.

"Well theres maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up." Pope butted in sensing the akwardness. Thanks pope I think to myself.

"I know I know. It's just lawyers aren't cheap" JJ said using hand motions to explain himself.

"Once they see the footage they'll work for comp" John b said. His voice didn't sound angry or upset it was just normal.