Chapter 39- we're about to do something illegal aren't we?

Chapter 39- We're about to do something illegal aren't we?

song

Next year(RAC remix)

By; Two door cinema club

Maddi's Pov-

Later that night we all go back into the house. Kie and Pope take my room and JJ sleeps on the pull out just like he used to. I walk up early the next morning, my brain won't stop thinking about the necklace. My feet hit the cold wood floor as I tip toe out of bed and into the kitchen. Our food supply is running low so I settle for making eggs. I crack a few eggs into a bowl with some salt, pepper and a splash of milk. While I'm mixing the eggs I hear a car pull up. Topper! I rush into the livingroom when he walks in.

"Hey mads I'm- Oh wow" He walks in a spots JJ. I put my finger to my lips and wave him into the kitchen. 

"Hey" I whisper. He has a smirk on his face.

"When did that happen" He gestures to the shirtless JJ on the pullout.

"Nothing happened, Kie and Pope are back in my room" I huff shoving his arm.

"So are y'all friends again" He asks a hint of worry in his voice. He thinks i'm gonna ditch him. I frown for a second. I would never ditch him he's been there for me the past 10 months.

"Yeah, but don't worry I'll never replace you" I tell him giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before going back over to the eggs. 

"How could you?" He jokes. I roll my eyes with a smile. I feel the locket under my shirt and remember he doesn't know about it yet.

"Oh Top!" I say. He looks up at me from his seat at the kitchen table. 

"Yeah?" He questions. I go and sit next to him and pull the locket out.

"This was on my door yesterday" I tell him. His face contorts into confusion. I sigh before continuing. "I gave this to John b before he left" His eyes go wide similar to the groups last night when I told them.

"How did it get here?" Topper asks.

"I have no idea" I say standing back up and walking over to the stove where I put the eggs on the pan and start scrambling them. "But I know how to figure it out" I say. He looks at me confused.

"How-" He starts.

"Something smells good" Kie says walking into the kitchen, Pope following close behind she pauses when she sees Topper. "Oh hey" 

Topper gives an akward wave which almost makes me laugh. He is obviously nervous. I was his first friend outside the stuck up kooks. He's never really had to make friends before since he had money. And it's 10 times worse after everything that happened last year. 

Toppers a totally different person without Rafe. He's sweet, funny and akward. Not in a weird way but in a adorable way. The guilt he felt after everything still affects him now. I know he just wants to make a good impression and to get along with them. I want that too.

"Morning" Pope nods to both of us as I finish making the eggs. I pour them onto 5 different plate and carry them over to the table.

"Sit, I made eggs" I smile at them. They sit down at the table, Pope next to Topper. 

"Thanks" Kie mutters as I set a plate down infront of her.

"How'd you sleep?" I ask bringing Pope a plate.

"Good, How'd you sleep" Kie gives me a Did you sleep? Look knowing I probably stayed up overthing about the locket. Which is exactly what I did.