Chapter 30- My brothers dead?

PSA: This isn't the last chapter of the book. After this chapter I will continue the story with my own ideas. 

Chapter 30- My brothers dead?

Song

Chasing cars

By; snow patrol

Maddi's Pov-

Thunder crashed as we walked into a big white tent. Police officers were everywhere walking, talking and doing work. This was all for John b?  Shoupe led us to a row of plastic chairs against one of the walls of the tent.

"Stay here, Don't move" Shoupe instructs pointing to us. I sit next to JJ, Pope sat on the other side of me and Kie sat next to him. It felt like hours we sat in the same spot. The sun set and it was dark which meant John b was probably on the move now.

"Their names are John b and Sara cameron" A officer said, I jerked my head off of JJ's shoulder and looked to him.

"Sara?" I whisper. 

"She must've found him" JJ shrugs. I go back to leaning on his shoulder with a smile. John b wasn't alone. 

Quiet. That was all I could hear when all of a sudden the small island of outerbanks was lit up. Well that was until I heard a police officer yell. "That's the boat!" 

I shot up but JJ grabbed my hand.

"Stay in your seat miss" A officer demanded. I sit back down on the edge of my seat. Commotion was heard all around. People rushing onto their boats to try and catch my brother. Suddenly a big clash of thunder struck shaking the tent, followed by heavy rain.

"Oh god" I mutter bitting my bottom lip. The storm hit fast, rain pouring down like a waterfall.

"They're going into the storm!" 

"Are they insane" 

"They can't survive this"

Officers yelled around. He drove into the storm. He drove into the freaking storm. Everyones eyes fell to me as Shoupe walked over to us.

"Maddi Routeledge" He pointed his finger and I stood up.

"We need your help" Shoupe told me. I crossed my arm and raised my eyebrow.

"Why should I help you?" I challenge.

"Your brother just drove him and Sara into the storm, ward tried to talk to him but couldn't get through to him" He sighed. I looked to JJ who nodded and mouthed Go.

"Okay" I sigh. I follow him to another tent. There is a table with a computer and a walkie taklie. A couple officers and Ward Cameron  Were gathered around the desk. They all look at me as one of the officers pulls out the chair for me to sit in. I walk over and sit in the chair. My hair is drenched from the small walk from the tents. 

"I'm not doing this with him here" I point to ward. He glares at me in which I just return the look.

"Maddi we don't have a lot of time" Shoupe tries to reason.

"I said no!" I look at him. He sighs and looks to Ward who just nods and walks into the other tent.

Shoupe hands me the walkie talkie and I hesitently press the button.

"Johnny?" I stutter. It's silent for a moment before I hear the static.

"Maddi?" John b replies. The corners of my mouth turn up when I hear his voice.