Chapter 50- Perfect night

Song-

Maybe

By; Lewis Capaldi

Maddi's pov-

I woke up the next morning entangled in my sheets. With my eyes still closed I flop an arm over on JJ who to my surprise wasn't there. I flick my eyes open to see an empty room. I move my feet off the side of the bed stretching my arms out before letting my feet hit the cold wood floor. I stand up and walk to my vanity.

As I look in the mirror and cringe. Bags hang under my eyes. My hair is a mess. I grab the brush and rake it through my hair. Once my brown wavy hair returns to normal I walk towards the door. As I put my hand on the cold metal doorknob I hear voices from the living room. The door creeks slightly open to hear the two voices. Topper and JJ

"How can we help her?" Topper sighs.

"I-I don't know man. I knew she was sad but this- I just wish John b was here." I hear JJ's voice explain.

"Did she get any sleep?" Topper asks.

"Yeah she woke up once but other than that she slept"

"Okay, okay that's good. She'll be okay. It's Maddi. She's the strongest girl I know" I smile at Toppers statement. I am strong. I can do this. I'm strong.

"Yeah" JJ pauses "she is" I finally twist the doorknob and open the door. Their conversation halts as I trudge down the hallway. As I walk into the living room Topper stood up from his spot from the couch and wraps his strong arms around me.

"Oh god" he whispers "I was so worried about you" he runs a hand through my hair as his grip on me tightens.

"I'm sorry" I whisper. It's finally hitting me. How much it would effect everyone around me. How much not only JJ but Topper would hurt. Kie and Pope too. I can't do that to them. I wrap my arms tighter around his waist. "I'm so sorry"

Kie and Pope bust through the door a few moments later.

"Maddi!" She squeals joining mine and Tops hug. Pope and JJ join seconds later. We all stand there in each others embrace. Each one of my friend. No my family. Right in front of me trying to fix my broken pieces. I've been trying to do it by myself for a year but I realized I need help. I need them.

"I was so worried" Pope mutters into my hair. Tears well in my eyes. I hurt them. Guilt overwhelms me as we stay hugging each other.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry" I sob. Kie rubs my back shooshing me.

"It's okay" Topper echos. "It's okay"

"No it's not" I sniffle. We let go of each other. Topper keeps an arm wrapped around my shoulders. "I don't know what I was thinking" I start to rant "I shouldn't have- I was being selfish and stupid" I dry the tears as I finish ranting. I feel Kie once again tug on my shoulders wrapping her arms around me.

"Maddi, I understand. You've been through so much. But we're here. I'm here. Always" she moves her hand to my shoulders so we can face each other. Tears stain her cheeks. I offer a soft smile that she returns. After she let's go Pope comes and wraps his arms around me.

"Listen it's going to be okay. I promise. We are all here for you." Pope rubs my back.

"Thanks" I whisper.

After I explain everything that happened with Rafe I get changed and we spend a day on the boat. Exactly what I need right now with everything that happened i needed a day with the people I love.

~

Music blares through the tiny portable speaker we brought. I lay out on the bow of the boat in a baby blue bikini. The boys fish while Kie and I mostly talk and tan. A song comes on I love so I instantly hop up.

"I love this song" I squeal swinging around the metal bar above the wheel . I stand in the middle of the boat and start dancing. "Come on Kiki dance with me" I beg she rolls her eyes with a smile on her face. I grab her hand and pull her up. We dance next to each other. She ropes Pope into dancing with her. I make Topper dance next to me. JJ stays fishing.

"Come'on jay! Dance with me" I plead. He shakes his head no. I groan before walking closer to him. "Why you scared in gonna out dance you" i smirk.

"Me scared.. pfft. No. Way." He denies setting down his fishing pole. He makes his way towards me with a huge grin on his face. I slowly back away making the same face.

"Don't. Even. Think. About. It" I push past the rest of the group and run to the bow once I reach the end I spin around. JJ slowly approaches me.

"You're in for it now" he chuckles lunging forward and wrapping his arms around my waist. He lifts me in the air and spins me around.

"Put me down" I say in between laughs as I struggle to get out of his arms.

"Not a chance" he laughs. I glance back at the group who all are laughing and smiling at us. JJ takes a step towards the side of the boat.

"Stop JJ" I giggle as he steps even closer. We were at the edge of the boat overlooking the water.

"What was that?" He pretended not to hear me.

"I said-" I was cut off mid sentence as JJ steps over the edge sending both of us until the salty blue water. I scream as I hit the water. When I emerge I gasp.

"Oh you are so dead" I growl to a laughing JJ. His eyes go wide as I start paddling to him. He gets to the other side of the boat way faster than I can swim. I hear laughter from the boat. Kie is bent over giggle escaping from her lips.

"You think this is funny!?" I retort. She quickly shakes her head no. I swim over to the side of the boat "can you help me up" i sigh tiredly.

"Sure" she reaches her hand down. I grab onto it a smirk forming on my face.

"Maddi don't you-" i cut her off by yanking her in. She squeals as she hits the water. 

"Boys join us!" I yell to the two on the boat. Pope shrugs and hops in next to Kie but Topper stays on.

"Come on top" I beg

"I'm good" he smiles down. I spot JJ climbing quietly on the boat behind him. He creeps over and pushes him off before jumping in behind Topper. We all splash around in the water. I jump on JJ's back dunking him under the water. Topper comes over and pushes me down. We all laugh as we fight each other playfully in the water.

After a few minutes we calm down and just float around as the sun sets over the marsh. The orange and pink clouds contrast with the bright blue ocean water. The air is warm, smelling like saltwater and summer. Birds fly overhead chirping the song of the ocean.

The perfect night.

Felt like this chapter was trash but here's some wholesome content for y'all! Make sure to vote and comment!