Chapter 49-everythings not fine

Chapter 49- everything's not fine

Song

Trying my best(again bc I love this song and it goes good with this chapter too)

JJ's pov-*mentions of suicide*

Maddi's lifeless body laid on the floor. The girl I loved since we were kids was dying right in front of me. My heart clenched as I looked at her. Too much has happened to her. She deserves so much more than what life throws at her.

I look up to the others. Kie has her hand over her mouth. Tears spill out of her eyes seeing her best friend like this. Topper stood in pure shock. Eyes wide from the sight. Her head laid in my lap.

"W-what do I do" I stutter looking to Pope. He let's go of Kies hand and drops to his knees.

"CPR. We need to do CPR" he replied. He interlocks his fingers and starts doing chest compressions. He counts up to 30 lowly under his breath.

" give her air" he instructs. I do as he says. I tilt her head up pinching her nose and breathing into her mouth. We all sit and watch for a minute but nothing happens. Pope starts doing more compressions until he hits 30. I breathe into her mouth again. When nothing happens for the second time we all start panicking even more.

"Call the ambulance " I Demand to Topper. He nods and starts to leave. Maddi stirs in my lap and starts to cough. I quickly turn her head as she spews water on the floor.

"Wait-wait" I tell Topper. They all stand up around me as Maddi coughs all the water from her lungs. She inhales deeply still coughing. I brush her hair from her face. Her eyes flutter open and shut.

"Do we take her to the hospital?" Kie sniffles.

"No we can't. Dcs" Topper finally says something.

"She's breathing, she'll be okay" Pope states. He wraps an arm around Kie. I pick her up bridal style. She's still out of it but manages to nuzzle her head into my chest. Her smell runs through my nose as I carry her out of the bathroom. When we get to her room I notice she's shivering. I grab a hoodie of mine I left here at one point. I put it on her before covering her up with a blanket. I shut the lights out and join everyone in the living room.

Kie sits in Popes arms tear stains running down her cheeks. Pope stares at a picture of Maddi and John b on the floor. Topper sits bouncing his knee. His head are in his hands.

"She's still asleep" I say leaning against a wall.

"Is she going to be okay?" Topper ask to Pope who knows the most about medical stuff.

"Yeah she should be okay. Just needs some rest" Pope tears his eyes off of the picture to look at Topper. All of us are shaken up. It breaks me seeing Maddi so hurt and defeated like that. Maddi has always been so happy, her smile can light up a room. John b disappearance took a toll on her but none of us knew it was this bad.

"How is she going to be okay" I ask pushing myself off the wall. "She just tried to-" I quiet my voice "tried to kill herself" everyone's eyes are glued to me. "How are we supposed to help her through this ?! Does anyone know how we can help her. What we can say to her?! Tell her everything's going to be okay... I can't do that! Because I don't know the answer to that"

"We'll figure it out" Topper tries to calm me down. I shove him back as he comes up to me.

"What are we gonna do?! How can we figure this out" I get up in toppers face. I don't know why I was being like this. It's like I needed to take my anger out on someone and he was in the line of Fire.