Chapter 36- Party

Chapter 36- Party

Song 

High school lover

By; Cayucas

Maddi's Pov-

A party is exactly what I need to distract me. It's late april so the weather was pretty warm. Topper drives back to the chatuea after stopping at the store for some cups and stopping by a liquor store where we always get drinks underage by slipping the cashier a few extra dollars. We head to the chatuea. Lights were still hung up from JJ's breakdown last year. I go and uncover the hottub while Topper sets up the drink table.

"Hey Top did you lock John b's room and the office?" I yell to him.

"Yeah" Topper yells walking off the porch and over to me. I have a red cami cropped top on with some white jean shorts. My hair was in two dutch braids that end with ponytails. I pulled baby hair out to frame my face. 

"Are you sure about this?" Topper asks with concern in his voice.

"Yeah Top, I'm sure" I say wrapping an arm around his shoulder. He puts his arm around my waist as we walk down to the dock.

"If you're doing this to cope-" I cut him off mid sentence and turn to him.

"No, I just want to have a fun night. Let loose. You know,  Obx life" I grin. 

"Okay" He says skeptical. I pull him in for a hug to reasure him when we hear a car pull up.

After a while the place was crowded, music was playing and people were spread out. I walk outside when I see another car pull up. Kie and Pope climb out. I give them a warm smile that drops when I see JJ get out with a girl. My stomach turns as he wraps his arm around her. He whispers something in her ear and she laughs. The group walks over to me as I put on my best fake smile.

"Hey glad you could make it!" I exclaim. Kie looks around the place.

"It looks-" She starts saying.

"Exactly the same" Pope finishes her comment. I look around the place too. People were talking, drinking, dancing and a group of teens were hanging by the hottub.

"Yeah, I didn't want to change anything after-" They just nod understanding. I look to JJ, the blonde girl he's with hanging all over him.

"Yeah totally" kie says understanding why I kept the place the same.

"Well drinks are inside" I point inside the house. "I think i'm gonna go find Top" 

"See you around" The blonde says. I give her a fake smile before turning away. I walk over to where Topper is talking to some girl. He excuses himself before walking over to me.

"What's up?" He asks. I grab his drink from his hand and take a swig before passing it back.

"JJ's here with some girl all over him" Topper looks past me and spots them before looking to me. His eyes light up before smirking to me.

"I got a plan you in?" He asks. I smirk before nodding.

"Hell yeah!" 

I went inside and changed into a baby blue strapless bikini. Topper met me by the hottub where there were a few guys gathered around.

"What is this like the bachelorette?" I whisper to him as he hands me a drink.

"Nope just a few guys who wanted to meet the hostess of this lovley party" Topper winks at me and then looks over to JJ who's a few feet away talking to the blonde. I walk over to the hottub climbing in. The boys gawk over me and I resist rolling my eyes. I make some small talk ,fake laughing at their jokes.