Chapter 43- Thanks a lot universe

Song-

Forever

By: Lewis Capaldi

Maddi's POV-

The group agreed to help with the gold. And normally I would be more focused on that but no.... JJ kissed me. JJ freaking kissed me. What does this mean? I have no idea but I'm going to find out. We all went our separate ways. Pope and Kie went to help Heyward. JJ went who knows where and Topper went back to the chateau with me.

We laid on the pullout watching some random Netflix show. We share a bowl of popcorn. I threw a piece into my mouth while turning up the volume a couple notches. As mind kept drifting to JJ and our kiss. Did it mean something? Was it just a heat of the moment thing? Does he still like me? The only thing that the kiss cleared up is that I 100% still have feelings for him. Even thinking about him makes my heart flutter.

"Hey Top" I pause the show and look at him. He stuffs some more Popcorn in his mouth and looks at me.

"Yeah?" He mumbles with his mouth full.

"I think i'm gonna go to the graveyard" I tell him. Even though John b's body isn't burried I still go there to talk to him.

Twins are supposed to have this connection. Two halves that make a whole when they are together. And that's exactly what John b and I had. He was my brother, my best friend and my family. Without him I feel incomplete. One of my favorite things about him is he was always there to talk. Whenever I needed advice he would help. So that's my plan. To go see him and hopefully find out what to do.

"You need me to go?" He asks. I nod my head no while getting off of the couch.

"I'll be good" I smile. I grab the keys and drive down to the graveyard. The moon was bright in the sky lighting up the ocean as I sped down the streets. The stars seemed brighter tonight. The trees started blocking off the beach as I pulled up to the cemetery. I sat next to John b's grave and talked. Talked about everything. I talked about the gold, about the group and then lastley about JJ. And luckly my plan worked.

When I was sitting there talking I realized theres no certainty in life. One day John b was here and the next he wasn't. The universe has plans for us that we can never predict. We never know what's going to happen next. The universe isn't just going to hand you a happy ending. You have to make it for yourself. You have to make your own way, find your own happiness. And for me ... JJ is that happiness.

No matter the situation JJ can bring a smile to my face. He can make the worst situation great by just smiling. Or telling one of his dumb jokes that I secretly love. Or even just holding my hand. His presence comforts me more than words can describe. And sitting here talking to John b helped me realize that I wanted him.

~

My heart pounded with anticapation as I drove down the all to familar rode to get to JJ's house. Earlier today he told me his dad got arrested and won't be out for a few days. The gravel rumbled under the pressure of the tires. The van made a weird noise as it bounced down the gravel road. I let the light breeze run through the car to calm me as I approached his house. I shifted the van into park and hopped out. I fixed my cropped red tube top that I paired with some blue jean shorts. My hair ran over my shoulders with natural waves. I climbed the three stairs to get onto the porch.

When I went to know on the door I saw it was already cracked open. Confused I pushed open the door and walked in. When I was about to call JJ's name I heard a laugh come from the bed room. His bed room. A female voice said something I couldn't understand. My stomach churned as I walked down the hallway to approach his room. His door was open, light from his room lighting up the dark hallway. I reached his doorway where I saw him.

JJ maybanks. JJ was ontop of some girl shirtless. He had her pinned to the bed and was kissing down her neck. His face didn't have the smile it had when he was with me. The girl who was obviously a touron was wearing a I heart Obx t-shirt that was slightly pulled up.

Stupid universe.

Just when things seem to be looking up the universe decides to throw something else at me. Just like when you're surfing and you fall off your board. You fight to get to the surface and when you finally break through the universe hits you with another wave. A wave 10 times bigger. And with this wave it gets harder and harder to get back to the surface. And someday if the wave gets big enough you might not want to break through again. You might just want to wash away into the ocean. Letting the salty substance fill your lungs as you float out to sea.

The universe doesn't care about me or how much sh*t i've put up with in the past two years. It doesn't care that I was finally becoming happy again. The universe thinks of us like chess pieces and the universe is the player. They move us around not caring how it effects us so they can win their little game. Their Stupid little game.

So yeah... F U universe!

I guess JJ and the girl he was ontop of sensed my presence. JJ looked up, his eyes going wide when he sees me. He scrambles off of the girl sitting next to her. He grabs his shirt and throws it on quickly.

As if all of my senses shut down, I couldn't move. My legs were jelly and if I tried to move they would collapse. In this moment I felt like a porcelain doll. A porcerlain doll that has just been thrown onto the ground. Shatter in a million pieces. Broken beyond repair.

Thanks a lot universe

Here's another chapter! Make sure to vote and comment!

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter ):