CHAPTER XI: Stoneybridge

"You're telling us, that the new American boy in Stoneybridge is a wolfblood?" Emma asked and Liana nodded, as Emma sighed and she was looking at her. "Why is he so quiet then? You have never seen a hint of his wolf, you can't even smell it on him." She pointed out and Liana was nodding a little.

"I know. But he saved us all from being totally discovered by Tom and Shannon on the island. He lost his entire pack, both of his parents to the hunters and his human uncle didn't want him." Liana muttered and Emma looked upset at the story, as she nodded a little.

"You should invite him 'round for dinner." Daniel pointed out and she sighed at him, and Emma looked over at her husband in silence.

"Dan. The poor boy lost his entire pack a month ago and now, you are serious about wanting him to come into our pack immediately?" Emma asked incredulously, as Daniel sighed a bit and he agreed with his wife in a quiet silence. "Now, Liana, you need to get yourself right to school." She said and Liana nodded, as she walked away from them.

Liana raced through the woods to school and she stopped suddenly, at the sight of a tree broken clean in half and she saw that Rick was standing in front of it with broken, scabbed-over knuckles and he looked over his shoulder at her.

"Why the fricking hell are you following me?" He asked sharply and she looked at him with a sharp shake of her head.

"I'm not following you, Rick. I run to school and beat the bus, when I miss the bus." She said as he looked over at her, before he looked back at the tree that he had punched down, as he was shaking out his fist.

"You just want to know something don't you? That's why you're followin' me." It was not a question at all, it was a solid statement and Liana sighed, as she nodded. "What is it?" Rick asked.

"How the hell do you disguise your scent from us, Rick?" She decided that beating around the bush was useless... so she just spat it out and he chuckled a little bit.

"That is what confused you?" Rick questioned and she nodded slightly as he smiled very crookedly. "My pack learned how to do it a long, very long millennium ago. My mom taught me when I was 6." He admitted and she raised her eyebrows. "What?"

"I didn't really think that you would actually tell me, is all." She admitted and he shrugged, as he shook out his fist and the wounds healed up and he shook his head. "Why an hourglass for your pack symbol?" The question just popped out of her mouth right before she could stop it and before her brain had caught up and he looked over at her in silence.

Rick pulled out a chain from around his neck under his shirt and there was an hourglass on the end of it with an endless circle of wolves, a wolf pack in motion and her eyes widened a bit at the sight. "My ancestors were some of the first metal workers. They made it out of copper and bronze, so, that it wouldn't hurt us." Rick noted and he tucked it back into his shirt and he was checking his watch. "If you still want to beat the bus, you should get running." He said and without warning, he bolted off and she laughed, racing after him and she raced past him, climbing up a tree to get more height before she raced up and dropped in front of him onto the ground, as she raced off.

They beat the bus to school and Maddy snorted as she got off of the bus with Rhydian and she stuck out her tongue at Liana, who lifted her shoulders in a small shrug and she walked into the school.

Rick had been summoned into a meeting of the wolfbloods, as Maddy locked the door and they were all staring tensely at one another and Liana shook her head. "What is this about?" Liana asked, finally breaking the silence and Maddy scoffed.

"He is a new wolfblood on our territory! Again! We already have Rhydian, we don't need another one here." Maddy pointed out and Liana rolled her eyes.

"Your parents said the same thing about me once." Liana countered and Maddy glared at her.

"I'm right here." Rick pointed out as Maddy glared at him.

"How do you have a human uncle, if your parents were both wolfbloods like you?" Maddy demanded and Rick was growling quietly, as he shook his head a bit.

"My mother was adopted into a human family when she was 15. My human uncle is her adoptive brother, which I don't see how it matters. If he even wanted to keep me around, for anything, he would have said so, right before he kicked me out of the house, again." Rick pointed out and Maddy's eyes narrowed a bit.

"He's not lying. His heartbeat is steady." Rhydian spoke up for the first time and Rick looked over at him, and Rhydian shrugged. "Sorry mate. Too many new schools in the last few years, I needed to learn fast." He said and Rick chuckled.

"I would do the same thing man." He admitted and Rhydian was smiling as the two were suddenly bonding over something, as Maddy glared at Liana, who lifted her shoulders in a shrug.

"By my sometimes annoying authority, this pack meeting is adjourned." Liana declared with a chuckle at Maddy's face, as Maddy looked insulted as Liana left the room along with Rick and Rhydian followin' her.

Town or City |Wolfblood|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara