CHAPTER XX: Newcastle

Natalia was reading the stream of texts that were being sent through to her cell phone by Liana Morris, who sounded frantic even through the text messages and she sighed. Natalia picked up the phone and held it to her ear with a small sigh.

"Natalia's phone." She said with a slight huff of air through her teeth, as she waited for the response on the other end of the line.

"We have a serious problem happening in Stoneybridge and now Ceri's youngest son is in Stoneybridge... His name is--" Liana's voice sounded almost panicked at the words that were spilling out of her mouth and Natalia sighed quietly with a small laugh.

"Do you mean Bryn?" Natalia asked with a small chuckle and Liana's slightly high-pitched growling came from the other end of the line and Natalia took it as a positive and to mean a "yes" on her end. "I would come and help, but I'm grounded. Until my new foster parent decides to let me out again." She said with a low growl and Liana growled and Natalia thought that she could even hear her seething through the phone.

"When has that ever stopped you before?" Liana asked and Natalia growled quietly, as she nodded to herself and Natalia inhaled softly as she regained control of the veins that crawled up her arms and she briefly allowed her eyes to glow yellow. "Are you on your way?" Liana asked and Natalia sighed, as she looked at the doorway where Imara was standing with very raised eyebrows at her and Natalia growled softly at Liana.

"Yeah, I'm on my way." Natalia decided that she didn't care what Imara thought and Natalia hung up the phone, as Natalia looked at Imara with her arms crossed over her chest and she shook her head. "I'm not hiding it. I need to help my friends." She spoke up and Imara nodded at her words.

"Are they worth it?" Imara asked and Natalia looked at her with an expression of pain and a question of self-worth was in her eyes, as Natalia looked at the woman who was now her foster parent and in this house at least, the alpha of the house and Natalia sighed softly.

"They are a part of my pack, now and always Imara, no matter how big the distance is that separates us." Natalia responded and Imara nodded slightly and Natalia waited briefly for a few moments before Imara gestured at the window.

"Are you waiting for a signal? If your pack needs you, then go." Imara suggested and her voice was almost eerily calm, as Natalia nodded swiftly and she raced over to the window. She ducked out of the window and she scrambled down the wall, finding handholds and footholds, before sliding down the drainage pipe and crouching before she fell.

Natalia landed on the ground and just as soon as she felt her feet touch the ground, she was running. Once Natalia reached the woods, she stopped momentarily and she crouched into the earth, as she looked up at the sky.

Her senses came alive, with her ears the sounds of everything around her in her natural habitat of nature. She could see everything, even the smallest of critters crawling through the dirt. She could taste everything on the wind, from hot dogs to wolfbloods through the city.

Natalia turned her direction to Stoneybridge where Liana had called from. She heard a howl and through the call of Eolas it sounded much, very much louder.

Through Eolas, Natalia saw Rick running through the woods to avoid threats from his foster parents about anything, even over something as simple as not doing the dishes.

"I know how that feels."

She thought to herself and she focused more on Liana, who she saw was running home and then, she saw Liana's adopted sister Maddy, shoutin' at her parents over how unfair it was that Rhydian would be left out there with his brother when a canister of dangerous scent was threatening to expose the wolfbloods secret.

She started running that way swiftly, as her eyes glowed golden yellow. She raced through the woods and her hair whipped out behind her as she growled and ran hard, pushing her top speed as a wolf and she was running, prepared for a confrontation that she really hoped would not end up taking place.