4

"HOW MANY TIMES do I have to say 'no' for it to get through your thick skull?"

"Just a few more," Blake shrugged at his brother's annoyance, "why can't I go? You're all going."

"There'll be lots of alcohol, you can't come. It's a big kids thing," JJ spoke with a grin on his face as he handed Kaden his cigarette which he took without saying anything. He brought the stick near his lips and inhaled all while his thirteen years old brother watched.

It was nothing new for Blake. He has seen his brother smoking before— he has even asked to try but Kaden straight up refused, said he wouldn't touch that thing as long as he was alive which Blake thought was selfish because he was doing it himself.

"I am a big kid!" Blake groaned in exasperation. He wanted so badly to hang out with the pogues but for some reason, Kaden wouldn't allow it.

"You're thirteen," Kaden dryly let out, the stick hanging at his lips.

"So?" Blake raised a challenging eyebrow, "you started drinking at thirteen."

"I had great reasons, you don't," Kaden shot him a blank look, "give me a reason then we'll talk about it."

"I can't date the girl I want because I'm apparently poor as fuck and she's rich so her family would never allow it. How's that for a reason?"

"Hey, watch that language," Kiara spoke up from inside. She was lying on a couch, her legs propped up on the headrest while Pope sat beside her and John B was on a different couch across the two.

Kaden, JJ and Blake were on the porch outside, the door to the living room opened which was how their conversation could be heard from the inside as well. The two older teenagers were sharing a cigarette while the younger teenager was trying to convince his older brother to let him go to the bonfire which was going to be held later that day.

"You're not my mom, Kie." Blake yelled from outside which earned him a small laugh from the girl. "But I'm older than you, smart ass. Which means you have to do whatever I say."

"Who's the rich girl you like, huh?" John B asked, amusement clear in his tone. "Don't tell me it's Wheezie Cameron."

Blake smirked slightly even though John B couldn't see him as he said, "it's Wheezie Cameron."

"That's a shot in the dark, kid." John B chuckled, "but good luck."

"I don't need it. She already likes me back," Blake shrugged, "all we need to do it make this work without letting her stupid family find out."

Kaden ignored his words like always and tilted his head to the side as he blew out the smoke.

"Piece of advice—" John B decided to join them on the porch. He looked down at Blake, seriousness coating his features, "guys like us? We don't get the rich girls."

"Maybe you won't." Blake shot back, "I will. Watch me."

Kiara's laugh were heard by all the boys, "yep, you're K's brother all right."

"Pogues and Kooks don't click," John B added, shaking his head at the thirteen year old.

"Hey, we're not exactly po—" Blake cut himself off when his eyes fell on Kaden who was now shooting him a warning glare, wordlessly telling him to shut up. The thirteen years old bit his tongue and held his breath. "— Poorly poor."

JJ raised his brows in confusion, "what the hell does that even mean?"

"Why are you even listening to him?" Kaden cut in smoothly, covering his brother's slip up, "y'know he talks shit most of the time— scratch that— all the time."

"Oh, fuck off." Blake muttered, rolling his eyes, "don't you have a job to do right now? Do I have to remind you that you're fifteen minutes late again?"

"Shit," Kaden mumbled, quickly handing JJ the cigarette. "Shit, shit, shit."

It was the second time that week. He knew he would be fired if this went on and he couldn't afford that. It wasn't about money, he didn't need money, he already had more than enough though nobody knew that and Kaden wanted it to remain that way.

The whole point of working for the Camerons was Ward.

Kaden wanted revenge and he was going to have it, no matter the price.

Blake's cackle filled his ears making him clench his jaw as he took out his jeep's keys from his pocket, "couldn't you have reminded me it fifteen minutes ago? You absolute fuck—"

"— Watch that language." Kiara cut in again, rolling her eyes at her friend. She hadn't known him long— maybe for about three years.

It wasn't easy getting Kaden to talk to them, he was a quiet one but he was reckless. He reminded Kiara a lot of JJ— but a kind of more messed up and serious version of him. That was probably why the two got along so well after they got to know each other.

The pogues didn't know much about Kaden. All they were aware about was that he moved to Outer Banks three years ago with his grandfather. They didn't know from where or why. Kaden was only fifteen back then. One year later, his grandfather passed away and he took care of Blake on his own.

He never asked for their help. Somehow he had what he needed, they never questioned it, knowing he wouldn't give them a proper answer. They've learnt to let him do his thing and they trust him.

However, the trust wasn't mutual and they knew that.

Kaden didn't trust them, not completely, at least. They were aware that they weren't being told a lot of things but they didn't ask. They thought he'd tell them at his own pace.

"Well, fifteen minutes ago," Blake began, "I was talking to you so obviously I wasn't gonna let you go but now that I'm done..."

"Whatever," he jumped off the porch, skipping the three-steps-stairs at once, "Kie, you're on babysitting duty while I'm gone. You kids have fun." With that, he waved mockingly at them and got in his vehicle.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I M P O R T A N T

Just have to clarify a few things. In this story, Kaden, JJ, John B, Kiara, Sarah are all 18.

John B's dad did disappear but they all accepted the fact that he's dead and no, there's no gold shit in this story. It's completely au. Entirely my idea, my plot— except well yk. And like I said, I will, however, add a few scenes from the show in it.