14

KADEN SAT ON THE the three-steps stairs in front of his house, holding a small bag of the familiar white power in between his fingers.

Just as he was about to open the bag, JJ's bike pulled up in front of him, with Pope behind. He raised his brows at the two as they got off the bike and approached him as he shove the bag in his pocket.

"To what do I owe—" the words died in his throat when he caught sight of Pope's face. There were bruises all over and his lips were split, the side of his head was bleeding. "Who'd you piss off?"

Pope sighed. JJ clenched his jaw as he replied, "it was the Kooks. The sons of bitches, Rafe and Topper."

"Mostly Topper," Pope corrected, wincing as he spoke, "Rafe just stood there."

"We just went to make a delivery," JJ further explained, fury evident in his eyes for what had been done to his friend. He stared at Kaden who took a drag of the substance and stood up while he continued, "they just jumped on him. These fuckers."

Kaden walked towards Pope and grabbed his jaw with a hand, then tilted his head side to side so he'd inspect his wounds. He clicked his tongue, "I suppose you came here because you want revenge?"

"Obviously," JJ didn't miss a beat. "We three can take these two motherf—"

"— I accepted to come here because you can treat my wounds," Pope cut in, amused despite his state, "I can't let my dad see these."

"Right," Kaden mumbled, "let's go inside." With a nod, the two followed him inside, JJ closing the door behind him.

Pope sat down on the couch while Kaden went to retrieve the first aid he'd keep in his room. He returned to his friends and begin to treat Pope's wounds while JJ watched the two carefully, impatience radiating off him in his seat. "So, when can we fight back?"

"Once I'm done," Kaden replied simply, "physical harm clearly doesn't do shit for Bottom. We have to come up with some other way to get him to leave us alone."

"And you suggest we do what?" JJ questioned while Pope let out a little groan and threw his head back when the alcohol touched his skin, making the cut burn.

Kaden held his face in place, shooting him a look and wordlessly telling him not to move as he answered JJ, "I don't know."

"I'll show you," Pope was the one who spoke making the two others look at him. He held their stare, "let's go."

𓆞・゚𓆝 *: 𓆟

"2020 Malibu, 24-MXC," Pope said as the three stared at the boat. "The world's finest wakesetter. Number one in quality, luxury, and performance."

"This is war, Pope." JJ mumbled, "they hit us, we hit them. Do it."

After exchanging a look with them, pope jumped in the water and swam towards the boat while Kaden and JJ stood on their own boat and watched him. After a few seconds, Pope swam back to them, showing them the plug he removed from the boat with a smile.

"Wow, you did it," JJ grinned, "I'm so proud of you right now. Holy crap."

"Guys?" Pope climbed on the boat, looking at them seriously, "you can't tell anybody."

Kaden raised his hands to his side in a surrendering motion, "I'd never."

"Oh, no, yeah," JJ shook his head, nodding, "totally, dude—"

"No I'm serious," Pope held their stare, "not Kie, not John B, nobody."

"Yup," JJ kept on grinning, "my lips are sealed."

"Mine too," Kaden grabbed the plug from him and then threw it in the sea making JJ groan, "I wanted to do that. You ruin all my fun."

"Next time," Kaden said, patting JJ's shoulder with mock sympathy resulting in him rolling his eyes. "We should get out of here."

𓆞・゚𓆝 *: 𓆟

THE THREE BOYS went straight to where John B and Kiara were. They saw the two in the water, talking.

"Save some waves for us!" JJ shouted as they ran in the water, their surfboard tucked under their arms.

"Hey, where you been?" Kiara asked them as they approached them. Her eyes fell on Kaden and she blatantly stared. She looked at the scars coating his chest, then at the tattoos covering his shoulders going down his arms. Neither of them had ever asked about the scars, they knew they wouldn't be getting an answer. And Kaden had confirmed that when John B dared to inquire about them once.

The five friends surfed the waves for a few hours before all of them went to John B's place, except Kaden who returned to his own house.