25

"KADEN, CAN WE TALK for a second?"

He raised his eyes from the paper in front of him and his jaw instinctively clenched at the sight of Rose standing near the door, gripping the knob tightly.

"I have nothing to say to you."

"Please," Rose begged, desperation clear in her tone, "I need to make a few things clear."

"Fine," he nodded at her, "but stay where you are. Speak from there."

"Okay," Rose sighed then close the door before Kaden could protest. "What are you—"

"Don't worry," she was quick to say, "I'm not going to move from here. look, I just wanted to apologise. I'm sorry for making advances on you, I know it was wrong and stupid of me. You're just a kid, and I'm an adult— and I'm sorry for blaming it on you when Sarah saw me. I know she didn't believe me though, she hasn't been able to look me in the eyes ever since."

"Damn," Kaden drawled out, unsure of what to say. He had better things to deal with than Rose. "I really really couldn't care less about your apology. I have work to do so get out."

"You're not listening to me—"

"I have been listening quite well, actually." He picked up a pen from his desk and leaned back in his seat. "And like I said, I don't give a shit."

"I want to fix things with Sarah," Rose ignored his words, "please. You have to talk to her for me. I'm scared she might tell Ward and everything will be ruined for me if she does!"

"Weren't you scared of Ward seeing you when you'd walk around after messing yourself up so others would think something happened inside this office?"

"I only did that for Sarah to see," Rose admitted, her voice dripping with embarrassment. "I thought she'd back off."

"Back off?" Kaden repeated, his eyes furrowing in confusion, "whatever the fuck do you mean?"

"Don't you see how she looks at you?" Rose scoffed, "I mean, I don't blame her. You're hot, good looking, handsome, young— and on top of that, you're her age. Of course she's attracted to you."

"I'm not following."

"Ever since you started working here, Sarah has been crushing on you real bad— not that she told me. But it was obvious." Rose leaned against the door, distaste coating her tongue as she continued to talk, "I've caught her staring at you a lot of times while you were around. You never noticed her."

But he did. He just pretended like he didn't because he wanted nothing to do with the Kook princess. He thought she was a spoilt brat, like everyone else. And the fact that she was also her father's daughter made him despise her. However, he could no longer say the same since his feelings have changed.

"Whatever," Kaden waved Rose off, not wanting to have a conversation with her any longer. He hated being in the same room as her alone. It suffocated him sometimes. "Leave, now."

"But—"

"I'm done talking to you," he pointed towards the door behind her, "please, leave."

"Fine," she muttered, shooting him one last looking before turning around and leaving, making sure to close the door behind her.

He slowly lifted his hand up to his forehead and lightly massaged it, groaning when he felt a sharp pain in his head. Not bothering to finish his work, he stood up and left.

𓆞・゚𓆝 *: 𓆟

When Kaden stepped inside his house, he was expecting for Wheezie and Blake to be there.