29

"WHOSE FACE DID YOU fuck up again?"

Blake's question went rudely ignored as Kaden walked past him to his room. He exchanged a look with Wheezie who was also there. The two had thought Kaden would make some comment about her being there so early, but they were proven wrong when the door to his room slammed shut loudly behind him.

Blake winced, "fucking hell."

"Language," Wheezie muttered, crossing her legs as she adjusted her glasses, "bet he fought Topper again."

"He most definitely did," Blake sighed, shaking his head as he plopped down on the couch beside her. "Hey, what did your dad say when you and Sarah returned home in the morning?"

"Sarah told him we had a sleepover at Hazel," Wheezie shrugged, "he bought it. Come on, let's play."

"Sure," Blake picked up his controller, "even though we keep losing with you being in the team." The youngest Cameron only rolled her eyes in response as the two engaged themselves in yet another round of Call of Duty.

Over thirty minutes had gone by when Sarah walked in the house as if it was her own. Blake simply raised his brows at her, "ever heard of knocking? I guess manners is the only thing you kooks lack."

"Where's Kaden?" Sarah ignored his comment.

Blake pursed his lips, pausing his game, annoyed. "In his room," he turned to face Sarah from where he was sitting as Wheezie said, "I wouldn't go in there if I were you. He looked mad earlier."

"You can't go in his room, period." Blake nodded, "he doesn't like it when people go in there. Hell, even I have never been."

"I just want to see how he's doing," Sarah muttered, her eyes flickering towards the closed door at the end of the hall.

Blake was silent for a few seconds, contemplating before he let out a loud sigh. "Fine. I mean, he's already mad. I don't think he can get any madder." He then nodded towards his door, "have at it. But, if I hear even the slightest scream, I'm coming with a knife because I can't differentiate between screams, okay? They all sound the same to me, so keep it down."

Sarah didn't want to think about what he meant as she quickly rushed away from Blake as if his words could physically burn her. Over the few weeks of spending time with him, she'd come to learn that he was more like Kaden than she'd ever think, the way he'd say whatever he wanted, to whoever he wished and whenever he felt like it. On top of that, she couldn't blame Wheezie for having a crush on the younger Reed when she felt something even stronger for his older brother.

As she approached the door, her anticipation grew, but to her dismay, there was no response to her gentle knocks. Undeterred, she cautiously turned the doorknob and pushed it open, revealing a world of simplicity and understated elegance.

His room, though not extravagant or opulent, exuded a unique charm that perfectly reflected his personality. The walls, adorned with muted shades of gray and hints of deep blue, created an atmosphere of calm and tranquility. The absence of vibrant colors allowed the room's more subtle features to shine through.

A large wooden desk stood against one wall, neatly organized with books, papers, and various trinkets. Behind it, a tall bookshelf displayed a carefully curated collection of literary gems and mementos from journeys long past. She hadn't known that Kaden read books. The room seemed to breathe with stories waiting to be told.

A bed, adorned with tastefully simple white linens and a few pillows, commanded the center of the room. Its sturdy wooden frame added a touch of rustic charm amidst the otherwise modern furnishings. Comfortable and inviting, it beckoned her to take a seat while she waited.