23

"WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT the watch?"

"Other than the fact that it's awfully expensive and could buy us a whole damn island?" Kaden shrugged at Kiara's question, "it holds sentimental value."

"And I suppose that means you won't be selling it to buy any damn island, will you?"

"Nope," he shook his head, brushing a strand of his hair away from his forehead. Silence fell upon them. His eyes darted around the place, looking for a familiar blonde as Kiara took a sip from her drink in front of him.

He hadn't seen her since they both came out of the house, they went their separate ways. He had briefly seen her go around the back with Topper. For some reason, that didn't sit well with him, yet he could do nothing as he had to force his mind to remember that these two were dating— although Sarah was undoubtedly going to kiss him an hour ago, in her room.

He wouldn't have stopped her. He had been craving to kiss her as much as Rafe craved his precious coke. My self restraint was praise worthy, he thought.

His eyes finally caught sight of her, and all the thoughts about her lips went out of the window when he saw her, all tangled up in Ward's arm as they danced around. The older Cameron was smiling brightly at his daughter, pride and adoration filled in his stare. Sarah was looking up at him with similar emotions in her own eyes.

Kaden bit his lower lip. He was going to kill Ward, come what may. It didn't matter to him that he was the best father to his daughters. Ward had taken the only person who'd been there for him, in Kaden's mind, it seemed only fitting that he die too.

Although taking someone he cared about the most would have been a more fitting way to avenge his grandfather. But he didn't want to kill an innocent. He couldn't see himself hurting Wheezie or Sarah physically— not even Rafe. According to him, his only option was to end Ward's life itself. Besides, the old man wanted him dead, too. He'd have to get rid of him either way, it was the only way to call off the attacks on him.

"It's okay, everybody!" JJ's voice caught his attention, as well as everyone else's. "Do not panic. Leave it to the men and women in uniform." He began clapping as he was being thrown out by the security, "let's hear it for them. Rose!" He pointed a finger at her, "you look like Lady Liberty. It's good to see you again."

"What is he doing?" Kiara whispered to Kaden who only smirked in response at the scene his best friend was causing.

"Hey, buddy, can I have one of those?" JJ asked as he tried to reach out for it but the security guy was holding him back.

"Let go of him!" Kiara shouted from where she was standing. "You can't just boot him!"

"Excuse me, ma'am?" The security man stopped, looking at her.

"I invited him here," Kiara responded, ignoring her parents' attempt to get her to shut up. "I'm a member of this club."

JJ then turned around and pushed the man away making him fall into another. "Sorry about that," he muttered, turning to the others, "hey, mandatory power hour at Rixon's, Kie." He looked at Kaden, "K, and Pope, you as well, all right?" He grinned, "Rixon's cove. Let's roll. Kid, come on. Workers of the world unite." He clapped his hands in the air as he took several steps back, nearer to the exit. "Throw off your chains!"

"You can't hang out around these kids," Mike said to Kiara earning a huff from Kaden who wrapped a hand around her wrist, sensing the familiar comments of disapproval he was so fed up of hearing.

"Why not?" He asked her dad as Kiara willingly went to stand by his side. "We're amazing," he began dragging her away from them, ignoring the eyes following their every movement and the protests leaving her parents' mouth. "Goodfuckingbye."

"Kiara! Stop!" Mike began running after them as the two ran away, down the steps and towards the exit.

"Pope— don't— don't do this!" Bobby Heyward tried to stop his son but he wasn't hearing any of it as he took off his apron and throw it on the ground before following his friends out, ignoring his father's shouts for him to come back.

"Later losers!"

Sarah watched the group run out, looking as if they were having more fun than the group of Kooks who'd gather around and were supposedly enjoying themselves. She realised she wanted to run out with them, to be free, to have fun like they were. Their lives were simple, they didn't have much yet they had each other and that seemed like everything to them. She wanted that, too.

She wondered if she was delusional to want to be one of them— to want to be with someone from that group in particular.