02. 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘱𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

The boys dropped Kiara and I off at her house about an hour ago so that we can get ready for tonight's kegger. As much as pogues don't do dress codes, we both agreed that we don't want to turn up smelling of sea salt and wearing the same clothes we've been in all day.

Its just past 6PM now and Kiara is offering me various outfits to wear, seeing as all my clothes are at home packed up in various boxes.

"This one would look cute on you," She holds out a red v neck vest top to go with the light blue shorts I've already chosen from her extensive wardrobe.

"I'll give it a go." I smile, heading into her en suite and changing into the clothes she's lent me.

Happy with how they look I grab a hair tie from Kiara's bathroom cabinet, tying up half my brown hair and letting the front bits fall down to frame my face. I find a pot of vaseline and some eyeshadow, so I dab a bit of bronze eyeshadow on my eyelids and a layer of vaseline onto my lips and spritzing a bit of body spray that I know Kiara hardly uses.

I return to the bedroom to see Kiara in a different outfit as she sits on her bed, scrolling on her phone. I forgot that Figure Eight has service, our lines will be down for days over on the cut.

"Perfect," Kiara smiles, "The boys will probably be here soon, so shall we head down to the porch?"

"Sure," I nod, following her out of the bedroom and through to the living area where her mum is sitting.

"Hi Sidney, how are you?" Her mum asks, looking up from her magazine.

"Good thank you," I smile.

"Are you excited about the move?" She replies. Mine and Kiara's parents met because of the two of us, and since my parents decided we're moving to Figure Eight they've been meeting up a lot more for dinners and drinks, in fact Kiara's dad says he'll get us into the Island Club.

"I suppose," I nod, "It'll be weird not being on the cut everyday."

"You'll get used to it." She smiles reassuringly.

"The boys are outside," Kiara tells me from where she is looking out the window.

"See you later Mrs Carrera." I smile, following Kiara out of the house.

"Bye girls," She calls out, "Don't be late Kiara."

"Sorry about that," Kiara sighs as we make our way down to John B's van, The Twinkie.

"It's fine," I assure her, "My parents are the same."

"Hello ladies," JJ exclaims as he opens the door to the twinkie for us both to climb in, "Can I just say you are looking even hotter than usual tonight Sid."

"Eyes up here," I point at my eyes, noticing his gaze focusing on my low cut top.

He coughs awkwardly as I catch him out, looking to John B and Pope for support, "I just appreciate great fashion choices." He stutters.

"Sure." I smirk as we drive back towards the cut to where the party is happening.

After another twenty minutes we pull up to the beach, and of course there's already loads of pogues here. We climb out of the twinkie, John B and Pope grabbing the keg and carrying it down towards the crowd, Kiara carrying a stack of solo cups while JJ and I trail behind.

"So what are you going to do with all your spare time when you're in Figure Eight?" JJ asks me as we approach the beach.

"I'll still see you guys all the time, just like Kie does." I assure him.

"I hope you do," He smiles down at me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me into his side, "I- we're really going to miss you."

"You make it sound like I'm moving to Charleston," I sigh as we reach the beach.