12. 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥

NO PERSPECTIVE

The three boys spent the night at the chateau, drinking an entire crate of beer and joking about whether or not Kiara and Sarah would've resided their differences. The boys were sceptical of Sidney's plan, and since she wasn't there to back it up they concluded that the girls would be angry at each other, and even angrier at the boys.

But the boys were wrong, they underestimated the girls, all it took was JJ's exquisitely rolled joint to break the ice and they were sorted. The girls were able to discuss how the situation made them feel for the first time in years, and Sarah confessed that she had really missed Kiara.

And the rest? Well that's just history.

So the last thing the boys expected to see as they pulled up alongside the boat, was the two girls sitting together.

"Morning ladies!" John B exclaims as they approach paths bigger boat.

"Did you ladies have a good night?" JJ asks.

"I've had better." Kiara sighs.

"So have you two reconciled your differences?" Pope asks.

"No," Kiara smirks, knowing Sarah and her has agreed to wind the boys up some more, "But we're willing to be civil for the sake of the gold."

"Good," John B nods as the two girls climb onto the boat.

"You still love us right?" JJ says, "Because this was actually all Sid's idea."

"Where is Sid, anyway?" Kiara asks the boys.

"She had a hot date last night," John B grins.

"Who?" Sarah asks, clocking the mellow look on JJ's face.

"She won't tell us," Pope replies, "But we think it's a kook."

"Seriously?" Kiara replies, shocked that Sidney would ever date a kook.

"She's being incredibly secretive about it." John B adds.

"What do you think JJ?" Sarah asks him.

"I think it's her business, and we wait till she tells us herself, she's obviously keeping it a secret for a reason." He sighs, meanwhile deep down a part of him hopes it isn't true.

The bond between JJ and Sidney is something he treats as sacred, he knows that Sidney loves him, and he loves her, it'd be impossible for that not to be the case, given how long they've been friends. The only difference is that JJ is entirely convinced that Sidney could never be in love with him.

SIDNEY 'S POV

It's the sun peeping through the gap in the curtain that wakes me up, but it's the arm around my torso that reminds me what happened last night.

I open my eyes properly and realise that at some point in the night I must've rolled over because my head is resting against Rafe's bare chest. I wipe the sleep from my eyes and shuffle back slightly to see that he's still asleep, a small but peaceful smile on his lips.

I roll over and grab my phone from the bedside table to see that it's 11:37, meaning my parents are probably already at work. I check my messages to see a message from my dad, telling me they left for work about three hours ago which is a massive relief.

There's also messages from the boys, telling me they're going to get the girls from the boat, but that was over two hours ago, and I haven't had anything since. Hopefully that means everything went well, and they're all hanging out at the chateau.