47. 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘨𝘰

listen to never let me go by florence & the machine when you see ***

"Just get away from me!" I hear Kiara call out from her hiding place in the bath, putting the plan into full swing.

"I'm tired of this shit!" Rafe shouts from where he's lying in wait behind the bathroom door, "I'm gonna kill you, Kie!"

"Please don't do this!" I add from where I'm tucked away beside the sink, hoping to make this as believable as possible.

"Help!" Kiara screams as Rafe drops a vase from one of the shelves, which of course, is part of the plan. 

"What have you done?" I scream, pretending to be in shock, knowing that the guard is just on the other side of that door.

"Hey, you three," The guard speaks firmly from the other side of the door, "What'd you do?"

I hear the door unlock and open, slowly followed by the gently sound of footsteps. From where I'm hidden I can see both Rafe and Kie. Rafe gives me a reassuring nod as the footsteps get closer.

"What be this?" The guard mutters to himself, stopping in the doorway as he spots Kiara's leg hanging over the bath, just as we'd planned.

That's Rafe's cue, as soon as the guard crosses the threshold into the bathroom, Rafe releases the door, shoving it towards the guard which knocks the gun straight out of his hand.

When Rafe begins throwing punches at the guard, forcing him back towards the bedroom, I take my chance and grab the gun from the floor, my hand trembling as I touch it.

"Hey," Kie soothes as she climbs out of the bath, blocking out the sound of Rafe's punches, "I'll take it."

"Thanks," I whisper, handing her the gun and instantly feeling calmer the second it leaves my grasp.

I hear something smash in the bedroom, which startles me again, causing me to rush back out of the bathroom, seeing Rafe digging his knee into the back of the guard as he keeps him pressed to the floor. 

"Stay down, stay down, you understand?" Rafe hisses at the man as he glances up at me, while I hover beside them, "Don't look at her, you hear me?"

"Don't move!" Kiara shouts from beside me, pointing the gun at him, which snaps me back into reality.

"Huge mistake, you'll regret this," The man groans as Rafe keeps him pressed to the ground.

I grab the drapes from the four poster bed, tugging them from the wooden frame as Rafe pulls a phone from the guard's pocket.

"Here," I hand Rafe one of the drapes, "Tie him up."

I watch as Rafe ties the fabric tightly around the man's wrists as he groans in pain, and in that moment I have to remind myself that it's us or them.

"Rafe, we gotta go," I mutter as Rafe continues to tighten the restraints on this man.

"Don't make a sound, alright?" Rafe tells him before standing up and turning his attention to me, "You good?"

"Yeah," I nod as Kie opens the door.

We follow after her, Rafe closing the door behind us, "This way, come on," He whispers, leading us towards a staircase, his eyes set to tunnel vision on the end goal.

"Hey, hey, Rafe," Kiara mutters frantically from behind me as we run down the stairs, "Rafe, Rafe, Rafe."

"What?" He replies as we reach the bottom of the stairs, stopping at a closed door that opens onto the main foyer area.

"Let me see the phone." Kiara whispers.

"Why?"

"Just give it to me," Kiara tells him, holding out the gun.