42. 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵

this is a double update! read 41 first!!!

when you see * listen to Wait by M83 :)

"Where the hell is Sid?" JJ exclaims as Kiara closes the grate, the pogues now joined by Cleo, who John B and Sarah first met in the Bahamas.

"She's still looking for Sarah." John B explains as he catches his breath.

"And you just left her out there, what if they find her, what if Rafe gets to her?" JJ replies, frantically pacing back and forth.

"Rafe wouldn't hurt her," Pope sighs, "Would he?"

"I wouldn't put money on it." Kiara mutters, shocked by John B's revelation.

JJ grabs stops in front of John B, grabbing at his collar and shaking him, "If anything happens to her, I will never forgive you. We almost lost her once, I'm not losing her again."

"Where are you taking me?" I mutter to the man, my heart beating through my chest as he leads me down another corridor. His arm is tight around my neck and the gun is still pressed against my head, but from my little knowledge of firearms, the safety catch is still on.

"Stop asking questions," He says through gritted teeth, tightening his arm around my neck, choking me slightly as my hands grip onto his wrist. I'm really trying not to think about the gun pressing against my skull, but it just reminds me of the tarmac, "I'm taking you to see the Captain."

"What's going to happen to me?" I whisper, slowly reeling with regrets as I realise where my fate might be leading, catching sight of the vast sea. No one hears your screams out here, no one would find my body, I'd just be lost at sea. As he continues to lead me up another flight of stairs, my palms sweaty from a combination of anxiety and heat. My mind is filled with all the things I never said, the things I never did. I'm still not on good terms with my parents, I haven't told my friends how much they mean to me, and then there's Rafe.

"That's up to Eberhimi, he'll be very impressed that I've caught you," He tells me like I'm just some sort of rodent in a trap, and being on this boat, that is exactly how I feel.

I'm not sure whether now is the right time to use my connection to Rafe as a bargaining chip. I don't have much going for me, but telling this man that will only complicate things, and with the barrel of a gun pressed to the side of my head, I'm in no position to be bargaining.

We round another corner, and I'm lost with how big this boat is, but as we walk down the corridor, my feet almost dragging as this crew member hauls me along, a door opens.

And like a fallen angel, wearing all black, my guardian angel appears, watching me with a startled scowl as his eyes flit between the man, his gun and I.

Rafe.

"Mr Cameron," The man who is holding onto me, exclaims as he quickens his pace, forcing me to do the same, "I found a stowaway."

Rafe glances down at me, noticing the gun pressed against the side of my head, and I watch as he gulps. Glancing down at his feet and clenching his jaw before looking back up at the crew member, danger in his eyes, "I'll take care of this one."

"She's a stowaway, I should take her to Eberhimi," The crew member insists, tightening his grip on my neck as I keep staring at Rafe, feeling less on edge in his presence.

"I said I'd take care of it," Rafe tells him calmly, yet remaining stern, "Go and do whatever it is you do," He waves him off.

"Are you sure?" The crew member asks, seeming almost disappointed not to be getting any of the action.