𝟎𝟒, 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐓

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑
1x04
curiosity killed the cat
( 3rd person )

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐄, the boys usually stop by the dock near the carrera's house to pick up the twins. kie had asked kay if she wanted to skip their hangout this time around, but kay straight up refused. "it's tradition." she claimed.

right when they arrived at the dock, the boys arrived at the same time.

"oh! top of the mornin to ya." jj greeted in an irish accent, eyeing the cooler kay was holding.

"good morning, boys." kie smiled, looking strictly at pope and john b.

"watcha got?" jj asked. "you got some juice boxes?"

"brought you some fruit snacks, and yogurt. thought you'd might want them, pope." kie smiled at pope.

jj looked around, face astonished. "did she just ignore me." he said to himself, blinking in confusion.

as the boat pulled up, kie immediately jumped in, not taking one of the boys' hand like she usually does.

kay rolled her eyes jokingly at her sister's determination.

jj held his hand out for kay and said, "you got my kind of juice boxes, princess?"

"a ton." she said, holding his hand and jumping in, rolling her eyes at the nickname he's given her to remind her of her kook year.

they were cruising around the marsh, not a specific destination in mind. they were drinking beer, and laughing. kie temporarily forgot about the grudge she was holding on jj, which kay was really grateful for. he's gonna catch on, and find out that kay told her what happened that day, and she doesn't want to be there when it happens. not that she was scared of jj, or didn't want to make him upset. she was scared of the fact that someone would be upset with her. she could never catch a break with her people-pleasing addiction.

due to the unbearable north carolina heat, all unnecessary garments were scattered across the floor of the boat.

"hold my beer." jj shoved the glass bottle in kay's direction.

"what for?" she asked.

"i'm gonna show you guys a party trick." he forcefully thrusted the bottle into her hands.

"uh oh." kay raised her eyebrows and sighed, knowing nothing good is gonna come out of what stupid thing he's planning on doing.

"hey pope, can you go a little faster?" jj asked.

"oh god, here we go." seems like pope was dreading whatever jj was gonna do too. "i'm moving."

"it doesn't work. you've tried this 6000 times." john b doubted.

"i got this!" jj said surely.

kay looked at john b curiously, "what's he gonna do?"

"see for yourself." john b sighed disappointingly, pointing at jj.

"give me my beer." he ordered.

"where are your manners, god." kay scrunched her face up in disgust. "chivalry's fucking dead."

"jokes on you, i have no idea what that means." jj laughed, snatching his beer from kay's hand.

"what, manners or chivalry?" kay asked as a joke, but her tone was dead serious.