𝟎𝟗, 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐃

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑
1x09
interlaced
( 3rd person )

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

"𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐎 𝐆𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐏𝐘, 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒?" jj smiled as kie and kay walked up to them.

kay blinked in shock. was he about to act like he didn't do the most atrocious thing known to man last night?

"yeah, i think it's best for me to stay grumpy." she said, quoting his words from last night. she saw his smile instantly drop.

"are those bongos?" kie ran over to them. everyone was too wrapped up in their own thing to answer her question.

john b was pacing, pope was staring out into the marsh, kay was sending jj angry looks, and jj was scratching his neck as he was trying to find a solution to fix what he did.

"look, i'm calling it off. alright?" john b decided, making kie's banging on the bongos come to a halt. "peterkin said, if i stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS."

"and you believed her?" jj scoffed, not believing how gullible his friend truly is.

"yes, i believe her, jj." john b blinked, shocked that jj wouldn't.

"an actual cop, john b. you believed a cop?" jj clarified, sitting on a wooden table that was leaning forward.

"i actually really hope you fall, jj." kay said honestly.

"i'm not gonna." jj said sassily.

"all i gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple of days, and she'll help me out." john b shrugged. "and it doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun."

"you know what i should've done? just let topper drown your ass." jj threw another stone into the marsh. this time, he threw it too forcefully and the leaning table gave out. it tipped over, and jj almost fell flat on his face.

he shot kay a glare. the girl, however, was smiling and happy that her wish came true.

"topper was gonna drown me?"

"sure looked like it." jj got back up like nothing happened and started walking towards them.

"funny." john b nodded.

"i mean, have you looked in a mirror?" jj sassed.

"tell me some more. come on." john b encouraged.

kie and kay looked at each other and rolled their eyes. why were boys like this?

"they always win, don't they, man?" jj rested his hand on the pillow. "kooks versus pogues. they always, always win! shit!" jj punched a ball that was hanging on by a rope.

"look, it's okay!" kie tried to reason.

kay, however, crossed her arms to her chest and laid back. she was not getting into this, and she was glad, because jj had just screamed, "no, it's not okay!"