𝟏𝟔, 𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝟏𝟔 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐋𝐃

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑
1x16
a developing 16 year old
( 3rd person )

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

it was pitch-black when the pogues arrived at the wreck.

"stealing drones make you hungry." kie realized.

"what i would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now." jj groaned, climbing out of the twinkie.

kailani's face scrunched up in disgust; she knew jj eats like a wild raccoon when he's hungry, and right now- he's positively starved.

"it would not be pretty." pope voiced kay's opinion.

"i think it would be traumatizing." kay said. "jj eats like a wild animal when he's not even hungry! i would hate to see what he would do to any piece of food right now."

jj hung his arm over her shoulders as they walked to the wreck. he pulled her close and began speaking, making her turn her head to face him. when he spoke in a whisper, and she heard him perfectly fine, she realized that they were way too close. the words that tumbled out of his mouth characteristically smoothly made kailani blush so hard, it was evident even in the darkness.

"i don't eat just food like a wild animal." he shrugged, his infamous smirk plastered on his face way too proudly. "i am a developing 16 year old with many many needs, and only a few girls were lucky enough to encounter me on a lucky day."

"come on, lani!" kie screamed, "we've got some serious convincing to do."

she ran to her sister, her face screaming confusion. she didn't necessarily hate what he told her; she just thought it was so random. but as he said, he's a developing 16 year old boy and those are a fascinatingly weird creature.

the pogues wanted free meals from the wreck once again.

kie and kay walked into their family's restaurant , and plastered on one of their biggest smiles.

"hey, dad!" they said in unison.

"hey." he smiled back, happy to see his girls.

"how'd we do?" kie asked, interested to see how their parents' business was going.

"didn't turn it over once." he sighed disappointedly.

"it's probably just bad luck because of the storm." kay tried to reason, not wanting her father to think any less of their restaurant.

their father pulled the both of them into a hug and said, "yeah, i'll be sure to tell the banks that."

"guess now's not the best time to ask for free food for me and my friends?" kie winced.

their father pulled away from the hug and sighed, very much unpleased from his daughters choice of friends, "look at them."

they looked back at the three boys. they were eyeing everyone's foods.

"they're greedy pelicans. i thought i told you two to stop hanging around these guys." the clear disappointment in his voice made kay's insides squirm.

"well, everybody at the kook academy hates us, dad!" kie shrugged and gave her dad a sarcastic smile. her eyes were glossy as she briefly recalled the event.

"cause you never gave them a chance." her dad immediately blamed her.

"we just have different priorities." kay intervened before this turned into another screaming match. "they care more about what they wear to the beach cleanup- and how it makes them look, whereas we care more about the cleanup itself. you get what i mean?"