𝟏𝟒, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑
1x14
the tape recorder
( 3rd person )

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

jj was making a little snack for himself. nobody blamed him, the events of today left them all extremely famished.

"you're not seriously about to eat that?" kay gaped, watching the mold that was spread across the two pieces of toast that jj had picked out. "it's mold-infiltrated!"

"i'll just pull out the bad parts." he shrugged, lathering the bread with peanut butter. "plus, mold is good for you. it's just a natural organism."

"i'm gonna quote you on that when you projectile vomit everywhere as soon as you take a bite out of that decomposing piece of bread."

"stop worrying so much, princess." jj said nonchalantly, "i'll be fine."

kay let out a sigh, knowing that he'll never do what he's told. ever. she walked away and stood next to john b, who was waiting for jj to finish making his sandwich to open the envelope. they all nonverbally agreed it was best for john b to be sitting, as they don't know what the envelope can contain, and don't know the amount of shock john b would initially feel.

"hot damn, let's do it." jj said enthusiastically, standing next to kailani.

he took a bite out of the sandwich as john b eagerly tore open the envelope. the bite he took didn't even stay in his mouth for five seconds before he gagged and spat it out into his hands. he went and threw it in the garbage, avoiding eye contact with kay as he returned.

"is mold still good for you?" kay cocked her head to the side in a teasing manner.

jj looked at the sandwich he held and shrugged childishly. he picked at the green circles of mold that resided in the toast, determined to eat the sandwich.

john b whipped out a map from the envelope, and flattened it out on the table. "holy shit!"

"x marks the spot!" pope pointed out, his finger landed on a 'x'.

"wait, there's something else in there." john b felt the envelope. he pulled out a tape recorder.

jj nudged kay and whispered, "what's that?" he knew if he said it outloud to any of the others, they'd absolutely flame him for not knowing what it is.

since jj was hunched over the table, he had to look up at her.

kay couldn't help but think he looked like a blue eyed bambi. there was a glisten in his eyes, and a sort of radiance to his face she couldn't quite explain. she felt a significant swell in her chest as he waited for her answer. she physically felt her heart fill up with joy, and admiration, she soon felt the smile that unknowingly crept up onto her face drop. she was scared. the giddiness that accumulated in her heart instantly turned into fear; her flight or fight senses kicking in when they're not wanted once more.

"you okay, princess?" jj asked, no longer caring about the rectangular object in john b's hand.

"that's a tape recorder." she finally answered his question, clearing her throat, and looking away.

his worryful eyes lingered on kailani before he pried them away to focus on the male voice booming out of the tape recorder.

"dear bird,"

"who's bird?" jj instantly asked.

"that's what my dad called me." john b reminisced.

"i hate to say i told you so, but... i told you so, and you doubted your old man. i suspect that at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet, kid. i didn't expect to find the merchant either."