𝟏𝟏, 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑
1x11
home invasion
( 3rd person )

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

"𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐄𝐑." john b informed, pointing at an old picture hung on the bulletin board. "right here."

"okay, robert q routledge, 1880 to 1920." kie read out. "there's the lucky compass." she pointed at the bronze piece of metal.

"actually, um... he was shot right after he bought it..," john b trailed off. "then the compass was shipped back to henry. henry was killed in a crop-dusting accident when he had the compass."

kay turned around to give jj a look. he gave her a look back; he knew what she was thinking so far. she turned back around to pay attention to what john b has to say. "there seems to be a lot of death." jj leaned forward to whisper in her ear.

"after he died, the compass was given to stephen. stephen had the compass with him when he died in vietnam."

"let me guess, he died in action, right?" jj made an educated guess, referring to the mysterious, yet somewhat explainable deaths all of the compass' owners had.

"sort of." john b refused to hold eye contact with anybody. he was just plainly staring at pictures of his ancestors. "uh, a-actually, he was killed by a banana truck. in- in country... anyways! after that, stephen passed the compass down to him, my dad."

"hm." jj pretended to ponder, "sounds like there's a reoccurring theme here."

"yeah, you have a death compass." pope confirmed jj's theory.

"i do not." john b defended himself.

"you have a death compass." pope repeated.

jj and pope nagged to john b and tried to get him to get rid of it.

kie and kay looked at each other with appalled looks on their faces. this compass obviously meant a lot to john b, why were jj and pope being so insensitive?

"look, my dad used to talk about this compartment right here." john b ignored jj and pope's warnings about how the compass is cursed. "soldiers used to hide secret notes." he unscrewed the compass, and shook it around, waiting for a note to appear.

"hey- look! what does that say?" kay pointed at an engravement in the compass. she was looking at it upside down, so she didn't know what it said, but she knew it wasn't there before.

"this is my dad's handwriting." john b said surely.

"how can you know that?" pope asked, still unsure if the compass means anything.

"because he does these weird R's with the- see it?" he held up the compass for everyone to see.

"can i see it?" jj asked, him and kay being too far to see the compass clearly

john b tilted the compass slightly. jj rolled his eyes, annoyed about how hard john b was gatekeeping the rusty piece of metal. he walked over to him and tried to read what was written. "red- rout- i think that's an A, maybe?" he looked at kay unsurely.

she walked over to him to try to read it out. she pressed against his side as she tried to get a closer look of the compass. "that says redfield, jayj." she read it with ease.

"right." jj cleared his throat bashfully.

"maybe ms melissa's theory about you having dyslexia was right." she recalled their 2nd grade teacher's speculation.