𝟏𝟕, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐊

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑
1x17
the raided wreck
( 3rd person )

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

they were sitting around in the back of the chateau, lingering in silence as the night seeped into the sky. 

jj and kailani were sitting on the hammock whereas pope, john b, and kie pulled out chairs for them to sit in.

"you really think it's out there? like- no bullshit?" pope asked.

"my father thought it was." john b shrugged.

"but do you?" pope asked.

it seemed as though the entire universe was collectively waiting for john b's answer.

the thunder rumbled, the crickets chirped louder, and even the waves smashed against each other more aggressively as they waited. jj looked at john b instead of the joint he had just rolled. 

"after hearing his voice on that tape..." john b trailed off, "i think i do."

"only one way to find out." pope nodded. 

"look, we're gonna find it, you know?" kie said surely.

"even jj believes!" kay added.

"oh my god, jj!" john b feigned surprise, "do you really believe?"

"totally." he nodded, "wait- are we talking about four mil?"

"four hundred mil." kie and kay corrected jj at the same time.

"jinxs." 

"i'm gonna dream about shipwrecks." he said as he laid his head down on the hammock. "good night, bird!"

"good night, bird shit!" john b retaliated. 

they all laughed as jj held up his middle finger. 

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

they had just arrived to the spot the royal merchant was allegedly buried in. it was a long journey, but undeniably worth it- if it was real. kay was never the type of girl to think something was 'too good to be true', but right now, she 100% was one of them. she didn't know if it was because of the impossibility of them finding 400 million dollars this easily, or if it was because of rafe fucking cameron ruining her perception of nearly everything good. 

"alright, jj, pin it here!" john b yelled, ensuring that jj heard him. 

"roger that! x marks the spot." jj knew how to control the helm of the boat better than any of the pogues, so he was always the one steering. kailani watched intently as he controlled the ship wheel. although he was wearing a long-sleeved shirt, she could see his biceps being put to use as he turned the helm. she imagined all of it- the veins, the muscle, the tanned skin-

"are you fucking ovulating or what?" kie whispered to kay who jumped in shock.

"what do you mean?" kay cleared her throat, pulling her eyes off of jj.

"you're looking at him like he's haunted by beyonce incarnated." kie deadpanned. 

kay blinked and acted dumb- but that was such a good way to put her thoughts into words. she looked back at jj and realized that he is that song incarnated. he has been making her feel like that song way too often lately.