𝟎𝟓, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐓 & 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐓

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑
1x05
the boat & the beat
( 1st person
- kailani  )

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

𝐖𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 packed coast guard place. i was already having a terrible feeling about this.

who did the boat belong to? if john b saw it out on the splurge, then where did the people in it go? why haven't they found the boat? why would you own a brand new grady white, then have a sketchy motel room booked, and not a hotel room? where did the people on the boat go? where did the people on the boat go? where did the people on the boat go? where did the people on the boat go?

my thoughts were literally suffocating me. i clawed at my neck, why was it so hot in here? why were there so many people? where did the people on the boat go? my breaths became unsure, and shaky. i was standing right at the entrance to the cabin, people bumped me as they entered, people eyed me weirdly as i stood frozen at the entrance. i heard people snickering, and i heard concerned voices. where they laughing at me? why are they laughing at me? what did i do? why am i like this?

so many people complaining. were one of the people related to the guys on the boat? where did the people on the boat go? did they have anyone to realize that they went missing?

"hey."

someone was speaking to me.

"are you with me?"

'yes' i thought. why weren't the words leaving my mouth? i began to grow worried. i was scared. why isn't my brain cooperating with my mouth? i opened my mouth and all that was let out was a huff of air. i inhaled. let's try again. i choked. i forgot how to inhale. did the people on the boat get to inhale before dying? where did the people on the boat go?

"squeeze my hand if you can hear me, princess."

it was jj. jj's here. i'm gonna be okay, jj's here.

i squeezed his hand. nice and strong.

"good, that's good, princess." he nodded. i could see him clearly now, my eyes weren't blurred anymore. i felt a hot line go down my cheek. i was crying. i can't cry in front of jj!

he cupped my face in his hands and wiped away my tear. "can you feel me, princess?"

i nodded shakily. i felt his callused hands caress the sides of my face.

he put my hand on his chest. i felt something. it was his heartbeat.

"count them for me."

they were going quite fast. i was about to lose count. i lost count.

i turned my head to look at him in the eyes. "i lost count." i said, still kind of out of it.

"that's okay." he squeezed my hand that rested on top of his heart.

i haven't had one of these attacks in a while. i was scared. i didn't know what to do. i was dreading something. i was waiting for something- anything to happen. i felt like i was listening to a song, and i was waiting for the beat to drop. the beat didn't drop yet, and the longer it took, the more stressed out i got.

when jj pulled me into a hug, that's when the beat dropped. my eyes fluttered shut as i heard his throbbing heartbeat. my hands clung onto the sides of his shirt like a scared kid.

"you're okay, princess." for the first time, 'princess' didn't sound condescending and sadistic. it sounded kind, and genuine.

"thank you, jayj." i pulled away, fully relaxed.

"'course." he nodded semi awkwardly. "what happened, princess?"

"i don't know-" i cut myself off. it was no use lying to jj. "where did the people on the boat go?"

"that's what they're figuring out." jj pointed at our friends who were trying to talk to the guy at the desk.

"yeah, he's not budging." we heard a voice behind us say. we turn around and it's john b.

"they won't listen to us." pope flailed his arms around helplessly.

"apparently canine diabetes is more important than the stupid boat, or something." john b mocked.

"what's the plan?" kie asked.

"i think i know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat." john b said, holding up the motel key.

"we don't know who's room that is. it could be anyone's!" pope worried.

"let's do it for closure." jj suggested, snatching the key out of john b's hand and throwing it to me. while making that suggestion, he made sure to look me in the eyes. he needed me not to fight back this time. he knows that if we just go and the motel room looks semi normal, i'll shut up about the people on the boat. i do hope it's just one person, though. one death is already one too many.

"i'm in." i nodded surely, which surprised everyone. even kie, who knows me like the back of her hand, didn't expect me to agree.

upon seeing pope's fear-induced face, kie said, "come on! we'll be lookout."

"finder's fee. just saying." john b tapped pope's shoulder.

jj, kie, and i were ahead of pope and john b. we were on our way to our beloved boat when kie asked, "what was that back there?"

"back where?" i asked, genuinely confused.

"the little hug." kie asked, a teasing smile on her face.

"oh, y'know..." jj trailed off. "the boat, and the beat."

"the beat?" kie asked. the beat is what they called my attacks to make them seem less serious than they really are.

"the beat." i nodded, swishing air around my mouth.

"you okay?" kie asked worried, "i didn't notice- i'm sorry, i would've came-"

"don't worry about it." i shrugged it off. "jj did a half decent job."

jj rolled his eyes sarcastically and gave me a wide grin.

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

this one's kinda short sorry BUTTTTTTT i'm gonna update again later today to compensate