one - paradise on earth .

As the setting sun bathed the island in warm, golden tones,  Rylee Edwards leaned her head back against the cold steel of the scaffolding she was currently perched on

As the setting sun bathed the island in warm, golden tones,  Rylee Edwards leaned her head back against the cold steel of the scaffolding she was currently perched on. Her choppy blonde locks drifted in the warm ocean breeze, causing a shiver to coarse up her spine. The aluminum can that was clutched between her fingers dripped condensation onto her bare leg but she didn't mind. She was too relaxed.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" a voice rang out, breaking Rylee out of her daze. Her head lolled to the side to watch as Pope Heyward stared up at John B Routledge, who was teetering precariously on the roof of the house that was under construction. One of John B's feet held him steady while the other hovered in the open air, "I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival."

"Hm," John B retorted, wetting one finger and then holding it up in the wind as if to determine which direction the wind was blowing, "Should I do it?"

"Dibs on the Twinkie if he does!" Rylee called out. JJ Maybank, who she was seated next to, was looking between the three of them in amusement.

"Yeah, you should jump," Pope encouraged, pointing a power drill that he had come upon somewhere on the construction site as if it were a gun, one eye squinted to take perfect aim, "I'll shoot you on the way down."

"You'll shoot me?" John B played along, making a finger gun and aiming it back at Pope, "Pow!"

Rylee smiled, extending her legs from their crossed position and resting them in JJ's lap.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers," Kiara Carrera announced as she made her way to join the rest of the group from the inside of the house. She had been checking out the construction work being done.

"Of course. Why wouldn't they?" JJ said sarcastically, the hand that wasn't currently nursing his own drink coming to rest on Rylee's ankle.

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" Kie commented as she emerged from underneath the scaffolding.

Rylee's lips sunk into a deep frown, and she stuck her head out from between the rails of the scaffolding, pouring just a little bit of her beer onto the ground below, "Pour one out for the turtles."