nineteen - recon mission .

TW: Violence

TW: Violence.

Rixon's Cove was only a short boat ride away from the club where Midsummers was held, and the excitement in the air was palpable as John B steered the HMS Pogue there. Rylee relaxed back into her seat, wishing more than anything she had a change of clothes or something to remove her make-up. 

JJ was recounting what had happened while he was in jail for Rylee, Pope, and Kiara, walking around the boat and gesticulating wildly as he told the story. He told him that as soon as Rylee had left, Peterkin had pulled him into a room for questioning. She threatened him with juvie, before showing him a picture of two corpses as a warning for what could become of them if they continued what they were doing.

"Hang on, she showed you pictures? Of dead bodies?" Pope asked, disbelief in his tone. He was seated beside Rylee, his arms crossed over his chest and stress etched into his features. Heyward hadn't been too happy to see his son run off with his fellow Pogues, and though the adrenaline of the moment had kept the worry at bay, he was sure to be thinking about how much trouble he was in now.

JJ nodded, "Yeah, dude, sorry, I would've brought them to you if I could have."

Pope rolled his eyes, but didn't reply. 

"It was the guys," JJ continued, "The burly guys. Gaffed."

Rylee took in a deep breath, sitting up straighter, "The guys that stole all the Royal Merchant stuff?" She clarified.

JJ nodded enthusiastically.

"Well, good news is we don't have to run from them anymore," Kiara offered, though she seemed just as uncomfortable as Rylee felt, "And where did you disappear to?" She asked John B, who was behind the wheel of the boat, not paying much attention or contributing to the conversation.

John B turned over his shoulder to look at his friends, wincing a little, "Well ... First I got taken by DCS. But I managed to get away. Then I've just been ... Figuring stuff out."

No one could press him for anymore information as they had reached the cove. They hauled themselves over to their normal spot, tucked under the rock arch. Logs were assembled in a circle, in the middle of which they normally lit a bonfire. This was their place, and their place only. Kooks and Tourons were strictly forbidden, even other people from their side of the island were only permitted on very special occasions. Normally, they came to get high or drunk.