twenty-three - better than 400 mil .

"John B, I really don't feel like going fishing," an aggravated Sarah Cameron exclaimed from the Camerons' dock, her arms crossed over her chest

JJ allowed the Heyward's trawler boat to roll to a stop in front of the dock, turning to watch as John B hurried forward towards his girlfriend. Despite her objection, Sarah reached for John B as soon as the boat was close enough, and John B grabbed onto her hips, helping her jump aboard.

"It'll be fun!" John B exclaimed, leaning in for a kiss which Sarah avoided. He held up his hands as if in defeat, taking a step back. JJ grimaced for his friend, holding back the urge to laugh. She clearly still wasn't very happy with him after the events at the Château the previous day, "Won't it be fun, JJ?"

"Oodles," JJ called out in reply, pushing down the throttle and the boat rumbled back to life. Perched on the dashboard was a folded map of the marsh, a large red "x" was marked at the location where he was supposed to get the boat to. John B, JJ, and Pope had plotted out the best possible location earlier that day, and John B felt fairly confident about the spot they had landed on. It wasn't often frequented by locals, so they most likely wouldn't be able to hitch a ride back to shore with anyone else. There was also no land within an easily swimmable distance. JJ was beginning to think the whole thing was a bit nefarious, but he had to admit that it was probably their best chance. Pope had packed the girls food and plenty of water, and JJ sacrificed some of his stash to roll them a blunt. He was more worried about Kiara's reaction to their betrayal than for the girls' well being. 

JJ glanced back at John B and Sarah, standing across from each other and speaking softly, only loud enough for the other to hear. Sarah's face bore the remnants of a scowl, but it was softening by the second. John B swept Sarah's curtain of long hair off of her shoulder, and said something that made her smile. John B went for another kiss, which Sarah stood on her tip toes to respond to, meeting him halfway. An unsettled feeling took over JJ's stomach, a bit of jealousy. He looked back out at the water. He knew where the jealousy was coming from -- The ease of their movements, the lack of care that JJ was there and could see them. Their relationship was much more "off limits" than what JJ and Rylee had, yet they didn't care. 

They had traveled for about fifteen minutes before reaching the coordinates of the site. The sun was beginning to set, the hottest part of the day long behind them, and the softening rays bounced off the waters of the marsh, showing every ripple and wave. Overhead, there were no clouds in the sky. They had truly lucked out with the weather for the trap, knowing that if there was a storm or the waves were larger, they would have had to either postpone or abandon the plan all together.