six - kegger ?

TW: Sexual assault/harassment, violence, and guns

TW: Sexual assault/harassment, violence, and guns. Please proceed with caution.

After the Pogues made their way back to the Cut, Rylee had separated from the group to head to check on her mom's house and the Midnight Marine. Fortunately, the shop had fared well, no major damages to worry about or issues with the shop or the boats stored there. Her mom's house, on the other hand, had suffered some significant damage to the roof. She could tell from outside.

Rylee didn't have her bike, so she was walking over to Heyward's to place an order for some hardware items that she knew weren't located anywhere on the island when Pope had spotted her. He had wordlessly grabbed her wrist, turned her around, and began to march her back to the Château where the rest of the gang was.

"Pope, let go!"

"We went back to the Coast Guard station," Pope explained, finally allowing Rylee to wriggle free of his grip. She jogged along side of him to keep up with his long strides, "We saw them bringing in a body on a stretcher," Rylee stopped temporarily in her tracks, staring hard at Pope's retreating form. It took him a moment to realize she was no longer with him.

"Wait, what?" Rylee demanded, feeling a little wobbly, "Who was it?"

Pope crossed back to her and grabbed her wrist again, "Scooter Grubbs," He explained, ignoring Rylee's sharp intake of breath, "He was out during the storm or something. The Grady-White? It's his!"

"Wait, wait, wait, hold on, hold on," Rylee breathed out, all of the information coming at her so quickly that her brain felt sluggish trying to process it, "Scooter Grubbs?" She repeated, and if Pope didn't have such a tight lock on her wrist, she probably would have stopped again.

Scooter and his wife, Lana, lived four houses down from Rylee's childhood home. They were permanent fixtures of the Cut. They were actually family friends with the Edwards family, and Scooter had worked for a period of time for the Midnight Marine before Rylee's father had passed away. After his death, they'd tried to be there for Rylee and her mother, but Victoria had pushed them away, much like she'd pushed everyone away in her grief. She felt a sudden overwhelming urge to run to find Lana Grubbs and do something for her, anything.