eleven - voi-effing-la .

The Carrera's truck ambled down the main street road

The Carrera's truck ambled down the main street road. Rylee was seated in the passenger seat, with Mike driving beside her. His hands were wrapped so tightly around the steering wheel that Rylee wondered if he was about to rip it off. Rylee's eyes were fixated outside of the window, one knee bouncing up and down as her anxiety pulsed through her veins.

Mike hadn't gone into much detail about what had happened, but before he had managed to storm out of The Wreck, Rylee had managed to ask if she could go with, to which he reluctantly agreed. The entire drive was silent.

Rylee paced the waiting room as Mike dealt with the paperwork and money necessary for Kiara and John B to be able to leave. The process took under twenty minutes, but it felt like an eternity before an armed officer pushed open the door and out stepped Kiara and John B. Rylee didn't hesitate to rush forward to them, "Are you guys okay?" She asked, but they both avoided her eyes.

Mike lead the way out of the police station, and once they passed the threshold to get outside, he didn't hold back, "If you skip out on your bail, and I lose my money, I'm gonna hunt you down and skin you," He warned John B.

"Dad!" Kiara objected, but Mike wasn't hearing any of it.

"Cut it."

John B scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, looking over to Rylee for help, but she was holding her tongue. She always felt right on the limit of the Carreras firing her to get her away from Kiara, and jumping in seemed like an automatic pink slip with her name on it, "Thank you, Mr. C," John B managed sheepishly.

"Don't thank me."

"Yep."

Mike climbed into his truck, slamming the door behind him. Rylee, Kiara, and John B hesitated on the passenger side, the air still so tense. More tense than she thought it would be. Kiara reached into her back pocket, and pulled the compass out.

"Get in," Mike demanded.

"Give me a sec," Kiara said, annoyed. She reached out to place the compass in John B's waiting hand, "Good. You're gonna be good," She said, her voice soft.