seven - just think zen .

TW: Guns

TW: Guns.

It was the lunch rush at the Wreck, and though the numbers had dwindled greatly because of the storm, Rylee was the only waitress on so she was practically sprinting from table to table. Not to mention that she was nursing a raging hangover. As she maneuvered throughout the tightly packed tables, she spotted Kiara bent over the cash register, holding her head in her hand. She stopped beside her, setting the jug of ice water down on the counter and heaving a huge sigh.

"I almost puked on the ladies at table 10," Rylee said, placing her other hand on her hip.

Kiara waved her off, "Shh. You're literally screaming," She said, causing Rylee to snort. She sat up, flipping her curls behind her before rubbing her bleary eyes, "What even happened to you last night?"

Rylee sighed, "That dumbass Touron decided he was going to go to third base with me whether I liked it or not," She said, reaching beneath the counter and grabbing her water bottle, taking a long gulp. She could feel Kiara's concerned eyes on the side of her face but she didn't look over at her, "It's fine. JJ got the guy to back off ..." She trailed off and they were quiet for a moment, "I literally could have beat Sarah Cameron's ass when she yelled at you."

"I know, right?" Kiara said dryly.

Rylee stepped aside as a table cleared out and came up to Kiara to pay. Rylee hurried off to bus the table. As she stacked the cups and placed them into the large black tub that she balanced on her hip, the front door opened and a warm gust of wind flooded the restaurant. Rylee glanced up to see who had entered and she felt her heart drop into the pit of her stomach. Susan Peterkin, Outer Banks' town Sheriff walked in, her eyes immediately scanning the room. As she spotted Kiara, she crossed the room to her. Rylee watched as Kiara shot her a nervous glance before looking back at the officer.

"Ma'am?" a sharp voice broke Rylee out her thoughts.

"Huh?" Rylee mumbled, before she saw a woman holding up her cup at the table beside the one she was cleaning.

"I asked if I could get a refill," the woman repeated, shaking the ice in her otherwise empty cup a little bit for emphasis.

Rylee cleared her throat, shaking her head to clear her thoughts, "Right, yeah. I'll be right back with that," She said, abandoning the tub on the counter and walking towards the drink machine. Kiara was shrugging at Sheriff Peterkin's questions, but once the officer locked eyes on Rylee, she walked away. Kiara shot her an apologetic look and mouthed 'I tried, I'm sorry.'