five - like charlie's angels .

TW: Guns

TW: Guns.

As John B and JJ ran inside the coast guard station to try and speak to someone about the sunken boat, Rylee stayed outside with Kiara. Pope was hovering anxiously around the entrance to the station. Rylee chewed on her pinky nail thoughtfully when she felt Kiara give her arm a shove, "Ow," She exclaimed, turning to look at her best friend, "What did I do?"

"The surge?" Kiara said, one hand resting on her hip, an annoyed look on her face, "Ry, that's so dangerous and you know it."

Rylee gave a small sigh, dropping her hand to her side, "It's not a big deal. It was fun, before it was a little scary."

Kiara peered back over her shoulder towards the coast guard station, "It was reckless," She said simply, turning back to meet Rylee's eyes, "But I'm more shocked that John B joined you. He would have tried to talk you out of it, before everything with his dad."

Rylee knew Kiara was probably right -- John B was always down for an adventure, but he didn't normally do things outright dangerous. Not before his dad disappeared.

"Well, that went well," Pope said to them, taking a step back from the door as JJ and John B emerged from the coast guard station.

"They're way too busy to give a shit right now," John B explained as he adjusted the hat on his head.

"So, what's the plan?" JJ inquired, resting his elbow on John B's shoulder.

"I think I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns this boat," John B said, gripping the motel key tight in his hand.

Pope was already shaking his head, "No, no," He insisted, "We don't know whose room that is. It could be anyone."

"I'm telling you guys," Rylee said, taking a step forward between the boys, "That place is sketchy as hell."

"I'm in," JJ insisted with a shrug of his shoulders. He slipped the key out from between John B's hand and tossed it to Kiara, who grabbed it with an excited smile.

"Come on," Kie said, leaning in towards Pope and Rylee, "We'll be lookout!"

Rylee and Pope shared an exasperated look, but John B walked up in front of them, "Finders fee, guys. Just sayin'," He said, walking backwards to follow JJ and Kiara, who had already set off towards the Pogue, "And, hey, at least you'll only be accomplices."