twenty-one - you could lose your head .

Sun streamed in through the sheer curtains that covered the windows, bathing the bedroom in golden tones and warmth

Sun streamed in through the sheer curtains that covered the windows, bathing the bedroom in golden tones and warmth. Rylee shifted, trying to block her eyes from the bright light, pressing her face deeper into the pillow. The events of the night seemed to wash over her slowly, a warm happiness that started at the top of her head and traveled all the way down to her toes. Her eyes flickered open slowly, hoping that it hadn't all been a dream. 

JJ was beside her, flat on his stomach, still fast asleep. One arm was thrown around her waist. His face was smushed up against the pillow under his head, his lips parted and quiet snores was the only noise in the otherwise quiet room. Her heart fluttered.

Panic shot through her as she realized she had no idea what time it is, and she had an early shift at The Wreck. She pushed herself up, patting blindly on the bedside table for one of their phones, effectively waking JJ up from his sleep, "Wassup?" He asked blearily.

"Fuck," Rylee hissed as the time blinked onto the screen. It was 9:42 and she was due at The Wreck at 10, "I gotta get to work."

Jumping out of bed, vaulting over JJ in the process, Rylee made quick work of stripping out of her Midsummers dress -- God only knows how she lasted all night in that thing -- and into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt that at least smelled clean. JJ was still trying to wake up, sitting up and rubbing his eyes, "Time is it?" He asked sleepily.

"Almost ten," She called out as she hurried out of the room and into the bathroom, brushing her teeth as quickly yet thoroughly as possible.

Once she had gotten rid of her morning breath, she hurried back to the bedroom, searching for the nearest shoes to pull on while simultaneously pulling her hair back with a clip.

"Hey, hey," JJ called out, finally awake enough to form a coherent sentence. He reached out and placed his hands on Rylee's waist, pulling her closer.

"JJ, I gotta go-"

JJ leaned forward, cutting her words off with his lips meeting hers. The rush in her movements stilled, and she found herself relaxing into JJ's embrace. She rested her hands on the sides of his neck, chills shooting up her spine as they kissed. She found herself getting carried away, on the verge of climbing up to straddle JJ's waist when he pulled back, "Hi," He whispered, giving her a smile.