thirteen - fantasy or reality ?

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it," John B insisted.

They were back in the Twinkie, on their way to drop Rylee off at work before the other Pogues headed out on the drone acquisition mission. Rylee would be lying if she said she wasn't relieved to be sitting this particular outing out. They had worked out the plan already — Kiara would distract the guard while the guys snuck in and stole the drone out of the salvage yard. Rylee was seated in front of JJ in the back seat, Pope on JJ's side while John B and Kiara sat in the front.

"'Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality,'" Pope recited, his arms crossed tight across his chest as he stared out of the window.

"Wait, did you come up with that?" John B asked, impressed.

JJ was focused on packing the joint he was currently rolling, huffing out a small sound of frustration as he couldn't get it just perfect. Rylee slipped the joint from between his fingers, using the end of her ballpoint pen to pack it, "Albert Bernstein came up with it," Rylee piped in, recalling the book that she and Pope had read a few months ago. She passed the joint back to JJ.

"Yeah, but it applies to this whole treasure hunting thing," Pope replied dryly.

John B hesitated, not quite sure how to reply so giving a simple "oh."

Pope turned in his seat, propping his elbow up and looking at John B through the rearview mirror, "So. Which is it?" He prosed, holding out each hand, "Fantasy or reality?"

JJ didn't take his eyes off of the joint that Rylee had perfected for him, giving the seal a couple of swipes to ensure its proper closure, "Why are you so weird, Pope?" He asked, earning him a kick in the shin from Rylee.

Kiara looked back at Pope, her eyes looking thoughtful, "It's fantasy, but ... Possible reality," She reasoned, causing Rylee to give a small snort at her noncommittal answer.

"Reality," John B piped in, a confidence in his tone that Rylee couldn't help but smile at.

JJ looked at Rylee, leaning in closer so only she could hear, "Virtual reality."