6

6
"Can I come in?" I asked, already crying a bit at Kiara's doorstep.

"Of course! What's wrong, babe?" Kiara asked, pulling me into a hug and shutting her door. I'd only been round Kiara's house a handful of times, I knew her parents weren't fond of pogues, as they were kooks, but Kiara was as much a pogue as any of us, by spirit.

"JJ- he- he called me a slut," I sobbed into her chest as she stroked my hair.

"That dickhead, wait till I see him," she growled angrily.

"Why would he say that?" I whispered, wiping my eyes and sitting on the corner of her bed.

"He's jealous, Y/N. I've told you, he likes you."

I told her she was wrong but she kept insisting that the only reason he hadn't made a move was because of the whole 'no pogue on pogue macking' rule. Whether it was true or no, I was still mad at JJ, and Kiara let me sleep round her house. I realised I hadn't been back at my house in about a week; as I'd been staying at the Chateau, then the kook's house, and now Kiara's. It's not like my family would care anyway.

The next day, I had a shower and borrowed some of Kiara's clothes and a bikini, deciding to go surfing today and take a break from everyone at the Chateau. Well, take a break from JJ at least. Kiara understood, and told me she'd make JJ feel guilty for what he said, but I just nodded and made my way down to the beach. I had a secret spot for my surfboard, because my dad wouldn't let me keep it at the house, and as soon as my toes touched the water, I felt free.

I surfed all day, and forgot about everything, until I caught sight of another surfer next to me. His blonde hair and muscular body turning in the waves couldn't be mistaken, so I quickly came back to shore and tried go as fast as I could, but the boy was much quicker and caught my arm.

"Y/N! Can we talk?"

I sighed and dropped my board to the sand, sitting on it to avoid sand in my bikini. JJ did the same with his board next to me.

"Look, I'm really sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it. I was just- I didn't want you to get hurt. I care about you so much, and you can sleep with whoever you want. I just don't want someone to treat you any less than what you deserve."

I didn't know what to say, so leant over, and pulled him into a tight hug, his rough hand on the exposed skin of my back giving me goosebumps.
"You're forgiven."

"You're cold, lets get back to the Chateau," he grinned, extending a hand to pull me up.

We walked in side by side, and the others gave us a strange look.
"Did you forgive him?" Pope asked, and I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Of course. Pogues for life!" I chucked, and they pulled us down into a hug, before realising we were wet from the sea and John B told us to shower.

"Together?" JJ asked suggestively, wiggling his eyebrows at me before I shoved him playfully.