46

46

Now that I was an adult, I could legally be separated from my father. He had no power over me anymore so I could effectively disown myself from him and my 'family'. JJ came with me to sign the forms and we went out for ice cream to celebrate.

"I'm so proud of you baby, you've come so far," he smiled, wiping some chocolate sauce from my face.

"I love you."

"I love you too, and I uh- I have something for you. Like a late birthday present I guess," JJ mumbled.

"Really baby? You didn't have to get me anything."

"I know I know, but this is a special birthday and you're a special lady."

My cheeks heated up at the word 'lady' and I shyly looked down at my food. JJ told me the surprise would come this evening so we spent the day cuddled up on the sofa watching movies and occasionally making out.

It was my favourite day in a long time, aside from my birthday of course, very relaxing and JJ was in a very loving mood. Not that he wasn't all the time, but today he was particularly affectionate.

When it got to the evening, JJ told me it was time for the surprise, but I wasn't expecting it to be the kind of surprise where I was blindfolded and led for twenty minutes out of the Chateau and into god knows where.

"Where are you taking me?" I giggled, but I was excited to be led somewhere by him. I loved surprises really.

"We're almost there, baby, take off your shoes."

"J I swear to god if anything touches my feet I will personally murder you."

I bent down and slid off my flip flops, teetering slightly when I stood back up because the blindfold made me disoriented, but I trusted JJ and he helped me regain my balance.

When I stepped forward, I was relieved to feel the cool sand between my toes, and walked a little further until JJ told me to stop.

"Take off your blindfold."

The sky before me was beautiful colours, the sun just beginning to set over the blue water.

"JJ this is beautiful! I've never watched a sunset before!"

"Turn around, sweetheart," I could hear him grin, and I gasped when I saw the picnic he had laid out on the beach.

"This is so romantic!" I squealed, rushing forward to hug him and peck his cheek.

"I'm glad you like it."

"It's nice when we have time alone from the pogues," I told him, biting into a strawberry.
"Don't get me wrong - I love them to bits, but it's refreshing just being you and me."

We ate and chatted and watched the sunset for hours. We were very lucky to live in such a wonderful place. You really couldn't beat the Outer Banks.

"I have one final surprise of the night, a token of my love, if you will," JJ grinned, and I smiled softly at how lovingly he looked at me.

He reached into the pocket of his cargo shorts and pulled out some purple tissue paper, tied messily with sellotape and string.

"I'm not the best at wrapping up," he muttered shyly but I was warmed by the fact it was so personal.

I kissed his cheek and reached for the package, carefully undoing it to see what was inside.

I gasped when I saw a beautiful silver ring, with our initials carved into the band.

"I-it's a promise ring. Because I promise that I'll always love you. You're my girl, Y/N and I never wanna be away from you. Together forever."

"Together forever," I smiled, sliding the ring onto my finger and jumping in JJ's arms. He spun me around before setting me down gently on the sand and kissing me like he meant it.

This was my person - and nothing was ever gonna keep us apart.

————————————————————

A/N
THIS IS IT 😭😭😭my baby is over! I've had so much fun writing this book and all of your support has meant the world! I really hope you enjoyed it and I'm sorry if you weren't ready for it to end - but I felt like now was a good time to finish it. Thank you for all your comments and votes and messages my loves and feel free to check out my other works ❤️