37

37

JJ's POV

The four of us followed Barry into a dark room where I could barely make out what I was seeing. Once my eyes had adjusted I saw a figure tied to a chair, their head was hung low and they didn't seem to be moving but I could tell it was
Y/N.

"Shit," Kiara muttered.

"Are you sure that's her?" I heard Pope whisper.

"Baby? Y/N, can you hear me?" I asked, rushing over the figure on the chair and working on untying her with John B's help.

"J?" The voice was barely a whisper and I could tell it was hurting her to talk, so I wasted no time in scooping her into my arms.

"Come on guys, let's get back to the van."

I didn't want to look too closely at Y/N because it was taking all of my strength not to kill Barry for doing this to her; he'd promptly driven away after letting us in the room because he knew I'd not hesitate to fight him after what he did to Y/N.

"You're gonna be okay, sweetheart. You're safe now," I murmured into her hair, strapping her into the backseat between me and Kie while Pope took the passenger seat.

Kiara checked her breathing was stable but said it was best to leave her asleep until we got home because she'd be in less pain. I was concerned that Y/N was unconscious for the whole journey but I knew it would be worse when she woke up. From what I could tell, Barry had focused on her face; she was almost unrecognisable with all the blood and swelling and I couldn't imagine the pain she was in elsewhere because at the moment she couldn't even speak.

We finally arrived back at the Chateau and I carried her to the sofa. Pope and Kie sorted the first aid kit while John B got her out a change of clothes for when she felt up to it and I tried to wake her up. I panicked when she wasn't responding but Kiara mentioned something about pinching her ears and thumbs so I tried it and it seemed to work.

"Baby don't speak for now but we're gonna clean you up, okay? You need to take some painkillers though and drink some water. Can you do that for me, pretty girl?" I coaxed, gently brushing her hair away from her forehead but she flinched away from me; probably from the pain.

Pope brought over some painkillers and water and I helped her drink enough to stay hydrated while Kiara prepared the rubbing alcohol. It hurt me so much to see the pain I was putting her through cleaning her cuts but it had to be done.

It took over half an hour to clean and dress her face from all the injuries and I still didn't know if she was hurt elsewhere.
"My ribs," Y/N croaked out, and I went to lift her shirt to get a better look at them but she quickly pushed my hands away.

"No!" she cried, and we all turned to her confused.
"I can do it," she muttered, trying to stand up.

"Baby, just let me look. You don't wanna hurt yourself even more," I tried telling her, but she looked like she was going to cry.

"Just leave it, there's nothing we can do," she said quickly.

I saw John B and Pope share a weird look and I wanted to press further, but I didn't want to over exert Y/N after all she'd been through, so I decided to leave it.

"Do you wanna change your clothes? I can help if you like," Kiara suggested, but Y/N quickly shook her head.

"I'll be fine. Thank you guys, I just want to sleep now."