13

13
I was staying at John B's as usual, but it was a particularly hot summer night so I decided to use the spare bedroom instead. I couldn't sleep though because I was stressing about JJ and my family and it was still too hot and I was in a bad mood. I could hear a noise from outside and I froze, arming myself with the baseball bat that was always by the door.

I contemplated waking John B up, but it was probably the wind and I didn't want to annoy him, so I waited by the door as I heard the noise getting closer. Suddenly someone came through the door and I swung as hard as I could, watching them stumble back as I turned the light on.

"What the fuck!"

"JJ?"
I slowly lowered the bat as JJ came into the room and I shut the door quietly, hoping we didn't wake John B.

"Sorry I thought you were an intruder."
"I just wanted somewhere to crash, jeez."

"I thought you said the spare room was cold," I said, sitting down on the bed and not meeting his eyes.

"Didn't feel right to sleep on the sofa alone."

I looked up at him and he surprised me by taking my hand, but making no other move.
"I'm sorry I was a dick to you, again. It seems to be all I'm ever good at now," he scoffed.

I squeezed his hand gently.
"Don't say that. I just- I wanna know what you're thinking."

"I missed you this week, like, a lot," he said, not really answering the question.

"I missed you too."

"I don't regret kissing you, you know. I hated that you ran away like that, when John B came. I was all confused with my emotions and then you made it obvious you didn't feel the same."

"No JJ, that's not why I ran away. I don't regret it either. I was worried that you'd sober up, realise it was a mistake and it would ruin our friendship. I wanted to just forget about it to stop us both getting hurt," I admitted.

He shuffled closer to me on the bed, and surprised me by putting his head on my shoulder.
"I don't wanna fuck things up with you, Y/N."

I pulled away slightly, forcing his head up as he looked at me in confusion. I tentatively put my hand on his cheek and inched closer until our lips grazed against each other, wondering if he wanted this.

The kiss started off slowly, his hands still on the bed, before they lifted me up and placed me down on his lap, like we were when we were high. I tugged the hem of his shirt and he got the message, pulling it off as he kissed me hungrily, the grip on my waist getting tighter.

His fingertips brushed over my thighs as he pushed my T-shirt up and attached his lips to my neck, which made me moan softly.
"Can I take this off?" he asked breathlessly, tugging at the bottom of the t-shirt which he ripped off once I gave a small nod.

"We won't go too far, don't worry," he mumbled, kissing across my collarbone while I scratched down his back.

His hands trailed slowly across my skin, as I leaned into his touch, no one had ever made me feel the way JJ made me feel. His mouth found my sweet spot and sucked harshly, giving me a hickey as his hands climbed dangerously close to my bra.

Part of me wanted to go further with him, but I knew that it was best to take things slow if we wanted things to work. I climbed off of his lap, giving him one last kiss before he climbed into bed beside me.