9

9
I knocked quietly on the door, half-hoping that they wouldn't answer and I could turn back around.

The door opened slowly to reveal Beth, whose face was expressionless as I walked past her and into the house.

"You ran away," she stated bluntly, and I didn't even look at her.

"I wasn't welcome here."

"Y/N it's not that we didn't want you here, it's just that-" she couldn't even come up with a reason which confirmed the fact that I was unwanted.
"Anyway, your father wants to speak to you."

"Whoopideedo," I rolled my eyes, finding my dad sitting in the kitchen.

"You're grounded."

"You can't ground me."

"You're grounded," he boomed, and flinched at the volume, giving a small nod.
"Now go to your room."

I hurried up the stairs and heard the lock click behind me as he shut my door. Great. Now I couldn't even see my friends. My room was small and quite bare, I'd tidied it up yesterday so I couldn't even occupy myself with that. I had a guitar, that I hadn't played for a while, so I tuned it and practiced for a bit before my dad yelled at me to be quiet.

My phone was dead so I charged it and tried to take a nap, but I woke up a while later to missed calls and texts from the group.

"Where are you? It's boring without you," JJ text me, and I smiled at his message.

"My dad's locked me in my room," I text back.

"We're coming to rescue you, princess."

A while later, there was a knock at the front door, and I put my ear to the keyhole to try and make out what they were saying.

"She's not here," my Dad lied, followed by shouting as I heard someone running up the stairs.

"Y/N, you in there?" JJ called, and I told him yes, moving away from the door.

Soon my door was open and I flung myself into the blonde boy's arms, catching sight of John B downstairs along with my angry father.

"Let's go."

I grabbed JJ's hand as we came crashing down the stairs, John B ahead of us as we ran, followed by my father, who eventually gave up. I stopped in the road and put my hands on my knees, taking deep breaths as I wasn't used to running much.

"How come you were locked in?" John B asked, but I was too busy getting my breath back to respond.

"Who cares, let's just get to the Chateau before her crazy dad comes back," JJ chuckled, and we continued running until we got the Chateau.

I collapsed onto the sofa and JJ joined me, slinging his arm over my shoulder as I rested my head on him.

"Thanks for rescuing me," I mumbled.

"A princess needs her knight in shining armour, now, doesn't she?" he smiled.

"The others are coming soon, we're gonna go to the beach so get your swimsuits on," John B called.

I realised I wasn't wearing my bikini, as I didn't think I'd be leaving my room today, so I sulked.

"Never fear, JJ is here!" he sang, coming from the spare room with one of my bikinis draped over his fingers.

"Uh how did you get that?" I asked, I'd been wondering where it had gone for a while.

"Doesn't matter, I kept it safe didn't I?" he smirked.

I shook my head at him and took it, going into the bathroom to get changed and putting one of the boys' t-shirts over it, along with a pair of shorts that I thought were Kie's.