44

44

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Y/N, happy birthday to you!"

I rubbed my eyes groggily and found five figures standing above my bed smiling and singing at me as I woke up.

"Happy birthday, babe," JJ smiled, reaching down to kiss my cheek.

"This is so sweet! Thank you guys, but how did you know it was my birthday?"

"I kinda stole your drivers license," Kiara grinned.

"Well this is all very kind of you, but can I shower first? I smell like death?" I laughed.

"So that's what that smell is?" John B teased, and Sarah elbowed his ribs.

"I'll make us pancakes."

I came out the shower, smiling from ear to ear at the thought of my friends celebrating my eighteenth birthday with me. I could smell the pancakes from a mile away and smirked at the sight of Pope armed with a spatula and an apron.

"There she is, the birthday girl!" JJ cheered, pulling me in by my waist and kissing me passionately.

"We've got so much planned today!" Sarah squealed.

"You don't have to do anything for me, I just wanna spend time with you all."

"We gotta make it special, squirt, you're the youngest of the group. The baby all grown up," John B said, ruffling my hair and handing me a plate of pancakes.

We ate and chatted for a while, JJ wiping Nutella from my cheeks every now and then.

"The first plan is a trip on the HMS Pogue, making the most of the good weather," Kiara said.

JJ and I returned to our bedroom and he kissed me properly for the first time today.
"It was strange not waking up next to you," I chuckled, pulling him into a hug.

"Did you like the surprise?"

"I loved it. Good job I don't sleep naked though," I laughed.

"I mean I wouldn't complain if you did."

We got changed into our bikinis and swimming trunks and made our way to the boat. The weather was beautiful and we spent most of the day swimming and talking. It was perfect. My dad had never celebrated my birthday growing up, I didn't realise birthdays were a big deal until I became older and everyone was having parties and cake - but I didn't wanna ask my dad to do something in case he got mad.

Eighteen was kind of an important one though, so I was glad my friends were celebrating it with me.

"Next on the list is watch a film of your choice, birthday girl," JJ told me.

"Finally I get to choose!" I cheered, choosing Baby Driver, my favourite of all time and snuggling down next to JJ on the couch.

Sarah had brought popcorn and snacks for us and to my surprise, the others actually enjoyed the film.

"Well I gotta hand it to you, maybe you do have good taste after all," John B chuckled.

After the film, I was told to dress nice, but wasn't told where we were going so I spent the next hour getting dolled up. JJ was very distracting, and very horny - I was too but I didn't want to be late for my own birthday surprise so I had to keep pushing him away.

Finally we were ready, after I'd pushed him into John B's room to get ready so I could have some peace. I had on a dark blue dress and I'd curled my hair  for once to make an effort.

"You look beautiful, I'm so lucky," JJ smiled, pulling me in by my waist and kissing me softly on the mouth.

"I love you, babe, but you've smudged my lipstick," my eyes crinkled at him in the mirror as I reapplied my makeup, taking in how hot he looked in a tux.

"Are you ready lovebirds?" Kiara called, knocking on the door.

"Coming!" I called back.

"You will be later," JJ mumbled in my ear, slapping my ass with a grin as he led us out the door.

"Oh is that so?"