Pilot

WC: 2,820

WC: 2,820

"The Outer Banks, Paradise on Earth. It's the sorta place where you either have two jobs or two houses. Two tribes, one island."

Bella sighed and turned her attention to the tv.

"Hurricane Agatha continues its steady march towards Kildare island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina..."

Her mom quickly made her way into the living room where she was and pulled her phone away from her ear, "I have to go pick your stepfather up from the airport on the mainland. The hurricane is supposed to hit soon before we'll have time to make it back. I'm leaving you here, only because it's a long drive and you have chores to do. I want this house spotless by the time I get back do you understand?"

"Yes ma'am. Do you want me to send pictures of any damages to the outside of the house in the morning? In case Sebastian needs to start any insurance claims?" Bella asked politely, trying her best to stay on her mother's good side.

She sighed, "Yes I suppose. You know where the generator is yes?"

Bella nodded.

"Good. Now do not under any circumstances leave this house do you understand? I'm setting the alarms so no ordering food too. I'll know if you try and leave." Her mother gave her a look before turning her attention back to her phone and walking out of the house.

Bella sighed and started storm-prepping and cleaning. The less she had to do the better.

The storm sirens were blaring and the rain was pouring down. The lights were flickering.

"Time to surf the surge!" Bella cheered and quickly put her hair in a braid. She tossed open her window and climbed down, carefully avoiding the cameras just in case they were still running, she made sure to close her window back though.

Bella grabbed her surfboard out of her Jeep before taking off towards the beach.

She was already in the water and caught a few waves when she saw two other people standing on the beach. It didn't take her long to notice who it was: John B and Pope.

She swore under her breath and hoped they wouldn't notice her. Out of all the people to come surf the surge of course it had to be them.

She turned back towards the waves and caught one carefully watching her surroundings and saw John B get in the water.

Her wave ended and she was swimming back out to try and catch a few more before calling it, panting as she swam.

John B noticed there was someone else in the water, and they locked eyes.

Bella wasn't sure what to do or say, and neither did John B. They both noticed a good wave coming up and got ready.

Bella took it with no trouble, but John B wasn't as lucky.