Heist pt II

WC: 1,818

WC: 1,818

"Honey, I am listening to you. I'm just having a hard time," Kiara's mom said. "I just need you to walk me through it one more time."

Kiara was sitting in front of her parents. Her dad was pacing.

Bella and JJ were in the adjacent room, since Kiara had asked them for support.

"The Cross of Santo Domingo that we found."

"Right."

"We thought it was gone forever. We just find out it's- it's gonna be in Wilmington tonight."

"Ok, and the cross is Pope's family-"

"Pope's family heirloom."

"Okay."

"Priceless historical artifact. Priceless."

"Priceless, which you're telling me that you found?"

"We found it, and then Rafe and Ward stole it from us."

"Wait, wait, wait, do you know how insane you sound?" Mike looked at his daughter.

"Baby."

"Ward is dead."

"He's not dead! We've been over this part a million times!"

Anna cut in, "Alright, you understand that this is hard to follow, right? I mean we had a funeral for the man."

"I get how it sounds, but he's alive. I wish he wasn't, but he is. Why would I lie? He's alive," Kiara scoffs.

Bella and JJ share a look and try to make themselves occupied. She was flipping through a random cookbook that was on the counter and JJ was messing with his hat.

Kiara turns around, "JJ? Bella?"

"Yeah?" They both quickly stand up straight.

"A little help?"

"Ward's alive in the Caribbean," JJ starts to count.

"Yes."

"He's living off the loot that he stole from us, and, uh, yeah, he's flying across to Wilmington."

"Give me a break man," Mike looked at him.

"Yeah, you're right. What do I know though? Just saw with my own two eyes. So did Kiara and Bella, but whatever."

Bella added, "Have you seen Rose recently? Or Wheezie?"

Mike and Anna both shook their heads.

"Both of them have been with Ward. Why would they leave here in the middle of Wheezie's school year if there wasn't any other reason?"