The Phantom

WC: 1,890

WC: 1,890

Pope groans and rubs his eyes. Kiara is still asleep on one of the tables.

JJ is sitting across from Bella messing with his lighter. She's tapping their shoes together.

"Should we have gone back to my place?" Bella whispered, "We would've had beds at least."

"No, no you told John B to go there, and if he made it then that would have drawn them to him," JJ whispered back.

She taps her shoes to his a few more times but then stands up. JJ does too.

Pope joins the two.

"He's pinched for sure, man," JJ said.

Pope said, "No they wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

"Let's hope."

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too," Kiara says. 

Bella whispered, "Shit."

"Well if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B," Pope says.

JJ asks, "So, find him before they do? Pope?"

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat."

"Hey, you be careful," Kiara says. "Okay?"

Pope looks from Kiara to JJ, "Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late."

Kiara furrows her brows and follows after Pope.

Bella looked at JJ, "What was that?"

"I dunno."

They both follow them outside and stand on the patio. Pope just speeds off on the bike.

A helicopter goes by above them.

"Who the hell is that?" JJ asked.

Bella muttered, "A problem."

☀️

JJ asked as they got food together, "You sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?"

"It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation," Kiara said. "Is that going to be enough food for them?"

Bella looked over it, "If they are smart and ration it a bit then yet it'll be enough."

"I mean for a couple of weeks, and that's all they need, so..." JJ added.

"Look, I think I actually hurt his feelings," Kiara said.

"Look don't beat yourself up too much. He's completely changed his feels. The past 24 hours have been like Jekyll and Hyde."

"I hate to admit it but I miss the old Pope. At least I knew what to expect from him."