Dead Calm

WC: 2,155

WC: 2,155

John B and Pope were working on setting up the pulley system.

"You wanna help?" John B said.

Pope turned to look at him, "Yeah."

"That'd be great."

"So we get this boat wich out, bring it down to the basement, drill it into the floor. We lower you down and get as much as we can. And uh... this time we don't drop you."

"That'd be great."

JJ came outside holding the gold, "Kie! This better work." He dropped the gold on the ground of the Twinkie, "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on there."

Kiara picked up the torch, "It's gonna work."

"Should we wake up Bella for this? Seems like the kinda thing she'd know how to help with," Sarah asked.

JJ shook his head, "No! I already said no one is waking her. If she sleeps until tomorrow then she sleeps until tomorrow. Ya hear?"

Sarah held her hands up, "Ok ok. Sorry. Let's do this."

☀️

Kiara has the gold in a pot and is melting it with the torch, and they are kinda successful.

"Alright, gold is cooled, let's grab Bella and go to the pawn shop!" John B clapped his hands.

JJ stood up, "I'll see if she's up."

"If she isn't just-"

"Don't you say wake her up. John B. I will not be doing that."

"She's already slept what 14 hours?" Kiara said. "Shouldn't we wake her?"

JJ shook his head, "No. No. I am not doing that."

"Why not?" Sarah asked.

JJ looked at John B, "Middle school, new years day?"

"Oh, oh no ya I remember that. Ok no JJ has a point. We're not waking her," John B nodded.

"What the hell?" Pope asked.

JJ sighed, "The three of us were at John B's place for new years in like sixth grade. We were up the whole night, didn't go to sleep until like five. Both John B and I woke up around noon and we decided to wake Bella up too-"

"And she was the most grumpy person you could ever imagine. Cussed us out the moment she opened her eyes, would drag her feet everywhere she went, would not do anything other than try and go back to sleep the entire day, it was... it was not fun."

"We swore we'd never wake her up again so I'm sorry I'd like to not have a grumpy sleepy Bella when we are trying to get this pawned off!" JJ held up the gold. "Grumpy is the enemy of lying. She sleeps for as long as she needs."