Spy Games

WC: 368

WC: 368

Bella was sitting a the breakfast table, scrolling through her phone, and eating with her mom and stepfather.

"Um mom, there's a movie tonight at the park, were y'all wanting to go?" Bella asked hesitantly.

Sebastian spoke up, "Ah sorry sweetheart. I am tied up with work. Got a client who's moved up the deadline. Oh speaking of which your mother and I will have to leave for that client... what a day or so after midsummer?"

Bellona pursed her lips, "I thought I was staying home for that trip hon?"

"No, this client is the one based out in Rome. You wanted to go sightseeing didn't you?" He looked at her.

She sighed, "Oh well yes I did. We should bring Bella Willow. She's been home on her own a lot this summer already."

Sebastian subtly winked at Bella.

"Oh she's almost 17, I think a week or so on her own is what normal teenagers do. Come on hon, she'll be alright."

Her mother wasn't convinced.

Bella spoke up, "If I'm allowed to stay and surf a bit, I'll... reorganize the attic?"

"It is a mess up there. Would take a few weeks to do," Sebastian picked up on what she was thinking. "I'm sure there's some nice things up there that we could sell or auction off? It's just collecting dust now right?"

Bellona thought for a moment, "I want the attic organized, and labeled by the time we get back. Alarms will be set for 7 pm every night and they won't cut off until 8 am do you understand?"

"Yes ma'am," Bella grinned.

Sebastian smiled and winked at Bella. He got up to put his plate away in the kitchen.

Her mom's phone went off and she checked it, "Mmm." She turned it around and showed Bella.

It was a text message from her mom's friend at the station, "Luke's kid just got arrested. Just like his father."

Bella's jaw dropped. JJ had gotten arrested? For what?

"See? This is why I don't want you hanging out with them. They get into trouble. Aren't you glad you listened? That could have been you."

Bella gave her a smile, "Ya Mom. Thanks for looking out for me."

Her mother smiled at her.

"Just... out of curiosity, what was he arrested for?" Bella moved a few pieces of food around her plate. 

"Ah, he sunk the Thorton's new boat. Got caught on camera. Rotten boy." 

Bella cautiously looked at her mom and started forming a plan in her mind. 

☀️