23

——

——

"Probably not the best idea to send Pope off alone with Kie," Emelina said, her eyes fixating on the two walking away from the car and closer to the Cameron house.

The plan was to fetch Sarah and go from there. Pope and Kiara agreed to follow through with it, leaving JJ and Emelina in the backseat of the car at night.

"Why?" JJ asked, turning his head to the side to get a glimpse of the brunette girl next to him. "Because he's high and in love with her," she replied, catching up on the Pope diaries.

He snickered, "He wouldn't say anything."

"He's probably confessing his love right now," Emelina said, almost joking but she wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

"Pope's not one to break the rules," JJ told her, referring to the pogue-on-pogue macking one. Emelina shook her head, "When he's not high, sure."

"Yeah, but I would. Sober or not." JJ said and sat closer to her, his eyes set on her lips. She rolled her eyes and smiled, "You're smooth, aren't you?"

Emelina took the initiative and connected her lips with his. Her hand rested on the side of his neck, drawing him in. Her back was against the car door, and he hovered over her body, not breaking the kiss.

With her eyes closed, she took off his red hat and tossed it to the side to run her fingers through his hair. His hand stayed on the side of her face and he tilted her head to the side, breaking the kiss to travel his lips down her exposed neck.

JJ was careful not to leave a mark on her skin, keeping her wish to keep their forbidden kisses a secret. She sighed in satisfaction before he reconnected their lips again, intensifying it more.

She could find herself getting used to this. Secret kisses when their friends disappear, yearning for his touch. Yet, one question rendered in her mind ever since their first kiss, and she needed an answer.

She broke the kiss, taking deep breaths to calm her breathing. Her eyes meet his in the night and she gently pushed him off of her. "Let's stop before they come back."

JJ, annoyed, goes back to his seating position and glanced at her. "Why are you so worried if Kie finds out?"

Emelina flattened her lips, "Because I don't know what we are..." She took a pause, "Is there something between us or am I just someone to kiss?"

He didn't reply right away. Silence filled the car and that ate her up inside. Finally, he answered, "Look, I don't do good on relationships, Em..."