50

——

——

It all happened in a blur.

Ward Cameron was in his druther and it blew up into pieces right after he admitted the crimes. In front of her very own eyes. Sarah screamed out, but the only thing Emelina's ears picked up was the explosion.

Sarah cried, looking at her boyfriend for an ounce of comfort, and Emelina was silently begging him to do something but he looked straight ahead into the water. Topper came to Sarah's rescue and held her tight yet her eyes remained on John B while he never looked at her once.

Even though she hated Ward Cameron, Emelina couldn't help but cry. Cry for Sarah. Fingers intertwined with hers. JJ's fingers. Brushing his thumb on her skin and she tried to focus on the feeling instead of Sarah's cries.

It happened yesterday and Emelina hadn't talked to Sarah since then. Even tried calling Wheezie a bunch of times to get ahold of her but it went straight to voice mail.

"Why didn't you do anything?" Emelina asked softly, sitting on the parked HMS Pogue with John B laying on his stomach. He turned his head to look at her before looking back to the water below. "He killed my father, alright? What was I supposed to do?"

"Hug her? Comfort her? Say your condolences? I don't know, John B, but you didn't have to do nothing." she told him, now looking at JJ who was fishing on the jetty, leaned up on the railing and she could tell he was eavesdropping.

He sighed, "You just don't know what it's like."

"No, but I do know what it's like to lose a father. She's going through a hard time and shouldn't be alone. You should go see her. It's the least you could do." Emelina said and hopped off of the boat, passing Pope and Kiara as she walked up the ramp to JJ.

"He deserved it, right?" JJ questioned.

Kiara gave him a look. "Are you joking? Of course he deserved it."

"I mean, out of every suicide, did it have to be an explosion?" Emelina threw out a rhetorical question. JJ shrugged, "I don't know. I'd ask him but I forgot my Ouija Board at home."

"Never seen anyone blow themselves up like that." Pope said and JJ quickly whipped out a quip, "Cross that one off the bucket list."

"JJ!" Kiara scolded.

Emelina's advice didn't go to plan, as later on John B told her that Sarah requested a break and now she felt nothing but pity for him.

"I'd be a terrible therapist," She breathed out the smoke from the joint she rolled. It wasn't perfect—and JJ made that clear when he made fun of it, but it did its job.

She laid on the couch in the porch, her free hand lazily running through her boyfriend's blonde hair since he decided to sit on the floor.

One of his t-shirts was stuck to her body, along with a pair of comfy shorts that hid underneath the shirt. JJ took the opportunity to bring his hand back and leave it on her bare thigh.