14

FALSE HOPE

Lexie remembers swearing to herself before she moved to Outer Banks, that she wouldn't be here long, and she would refuse to be close friends with anyone so when she turned 18 she could return back to Australia and continue her life there. But from she has learnt and about to learn...

Things don't always go as planned.

Lexie didn't want her friends to think she replaced them, though no one would. They were her best friends. But sitting on the hammock with the pogues, just as the sun went down the horizon.

Lexie can't lie, They are her best friends, they knew more about her than anyone in Australia did, She's connected with each of them, kinda with JJ, but the point is, That these people around her are irreplaceable, they are forever, she can't even imagine moving back to Australia now.

- - -

Kiara sat in between JJ and Lexie, Pope and John B sat on the floor, as they all sat around, Lexie played a couple songs on the guitar. "hey Lex, what ever happened to the band you joined?" Pope asked, hazily looking a the girl.

She smiled at him, "well, as the restaurant couldn't keep paying them weekly, they decided, that we would have rehearsal every Friday, and once a month we would put on a big show, its easier for everyone this way" the girl said, she went back to humming.

"so when do you play?" Kie asked, "uh in a week or 2" she chirped.

The night went on and the group moved over to a fire they had lit, the surrounded it drinking, dancing and laughing before all crashing.

"goodnight bird!" Lexie called out

"goodnight bird shit" JJ said after, everyone chuckling, thankfully John B laughing to before looking out at the distance.

- - -

The next morning, JJ was up earlier than usual, he hung out in the kitchen standing with John B, they looked outside to see Pope snuggled up on a chair, they turned back to see Lexie and Kiara all cuddled up on the pull out sofa.

JJ and John B shared a look, well it was more like JJ had a evil smirk and John B had a warning look. Within a second JJ picked up a pillow off the couch and threw it at the girls. Kiara was scared so much she jumped and fell off the couch, where as Lexie just laid there and groaned, "fuck you JJ"

"you wish Styles" JJ replied, Lexie sat up on her elbows smirking at him, "think whatever want if helps you sleep at night"

- - -

The group of teenagers were quick to get out on the water. They met up at Pope's place to use Heyward's boat as they figured it would be a better option.

As soon as they hit the spot, John B called out, "all right JJ, pin it here"

"roger that! x marks the spot!" JJ called out steering the boat.

"all right ladies and gentlemen" John B said, getting ready to drop the drone, "to going full kook" and let go, letting it fall into the water.

Kiara stood on the side, slowly letting the line out further. Pope placed himself in front of the controls, looking at screen, scanning around. John B had a tablet in his hands, watching the boat and the marked spot of the merchant.

Lexie placed herself, next to pope assisting in any way she can.

"all right JJ, we're right over it. Ten seconds northwest" John B said