49

SHITTY REUNION

A horn blast startled Lexie, groaning, she slowly sat up rubbing her head. blinking a couple times to familiarise herself with the light. 

"where the fuck?" Lexie said taking in where she was, she looked down next to her to see Sarah passed out next to her. "shit, sarah? sarah!" Lexie shook her until her slow groans become heard. Lexie sighed, "sarah, get up" 

"Lex? where, where are we?" Sarah said followed Lexie's movements from earlier. 

Lexie walked over to the door to try and open it as Sarah looked out the window. "Lexie" 

"yeah?" Lexie said as she pulled the door harder, "weareonaboatinthemiddleoftheocean" Sarah said quickly. Lexie turned to face the girl, "on a what?"

"a boat, a big boat, on a big ocean" Lexie quickly went to the window and looked out and saw blue water all the way to the horizon. 

Sarah hoped down, "why do they keep doing this? assholes" she mumbled. " can't believe this" Lexie said sitting down with her eyes wide. not paying attention to Sarah's searching. 

Snapping out of her trance when she heard the door open, and Sarah frozen. "was that you? did you -" Lexie cut herself off when she spotted Ward motherfucking Cameron at the door staring at Sarah. 

"hi sweetie"

"no, no fucking way, no" Lexie said starting to lose her shit. 

Sarah stared in disbelief as she took a couple steps back to meet Lexie's side. 

"i know this is impossible but i'm going to explain -" Ward said stepping closer, Sarah didn't hesitate to land a smack across his face. Luckily she did or Lexie would've gone ape shit on him. 

"you're right, i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i deserve that, i do i know i do, you've been through hell and that is my fault" 

"You don't have the slightest fucking value what she has been through" Lexie spat him

"i'm so sorry Sarah" he said as Sarah sat down. "i can promise you, i didn't have any other choice and i don't expect you to understand that now" Ward continued on, "all i can do is tell you what happened and answer your questions. 

Lexie sat in the corner, she was shocked but it didn't surprise her that he faked his death.

Sarah had her hands in her hair, she had been crying, lifting her head up to look at Ward disgustedly. "it was the only way to be a family again" Ward said, Sarah shook her head and looked down towards her feet before looking back up to Lexie. 

- - - 

Lexie had been taken to a separate room away from Sarah, "I need family time with my daughter, we will work something out for you later" Ward said, "you aren't her family, i am, the pogues, we are, we don't kill people, little lone, shoot family" 

Lexie stared at him unfazed at his words, though she was trying desperately not to break down and freak out. Ward didn't say anything, he just looked at her and walked out the door locking it behind him. 

Lexie fell back onto a couch sighing, she rubbed her head, covering her face with her hands. what do i do? are they coming for us? do they even know we are here? does JJ think i left him?

Lexie couldn't stop thinking about different scenarios, "i need to find a way out, a plan, i need to get to Sarah" 

It took Lexie 20 minutes to pick the lock, after using a butter knife, bobby pin and even a piece of wire from the stem of a fake plant, she found scissors that did the job. Just as Lexie begun to open the door, the room from down the hall she could hear Ward talking.